Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Do It Yourself (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/do-it-yourself-50/)
-   -   Honda Civic 96-00: DIY CTR Headlights Guide(with Pictures) (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/do-it-yourself/56277-honda-civic-96-00-diy-ctr-headlights-guide-with-pictures.html)

TTT 03-09-2004 07:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the compliments everyone! If it weren't for westcoast, I wouldn't have even thought about putting my headlights in the oven! As for the amber pieces, I just used some tint that you get at Walmart to put on the top of your windshield to block the sun out, I think it turned out very nice! I just snapped some more pics with this POS digital camera to get some night shots (turn signals are definitely darker, I painted the reflective piece behind the yellow bulb cover also) and here is the best one I have. And also, I will snap some more pics tomorrow when its light out, but for now here is the best one I have (excuse the low resolution, my camera sucks)

Westcoaststyle, mad props man, you've really outdone yourself this time, best diy ever man!

ReVenGe 03-09-2004 09:01 PM

3 Attachment(s)
well... i finaly got hold of a digital camera........ my plan had changed for my headlights when i realized you cant opened the corner lights for a 5th gen this way.... (there superglued, not siliconed = cracked) so i orderd some black/clears..... they dont realy match up with the red i painted on my halos so im gonna...... if i get motivated enough, paint the red halos black (even though i could of bought black ones :doh: ) ..... that is, unless you guys think otherwise? :naughty:

Gusto222 03-13-2004 12:45 PM

i just did my projectors too!! they look ill... ill be throwin a set of eyeborowz on my lites too.. ill post pics when i put them back on my civ... goin to make sure i run a extra bead of Clear 'GOOP' along tha edge to keep any moisture out...

jinx-mitchell 03-14-2004 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by mik
When doing it to 96-98 civics do you have to leave the orange bulb cover for the turn signal or can you get orange turn signal bulbs that will fit that are bright enough.
Also, how is the brightness of the turn signal with that big orange reflector removed? Its ugly and I hate it lol.
Thanks!

You can remove the amber cover, but remember to fill in the holes with silicone or something after you are done painting. The bulbs you would need are #1157 Sylvania. That looks better IMO without the cover, but I really like the 96-98 with the reflector still in. It doesn't look right without it, and almost looks like you are trying too hard if the amber reflector is removed. These are not real JDM's and I think it looks better if when ppl don't try to pass them off as such.

My .02

mik 03-14-2004 12:21 PM

Hey, im pretty sure 96-98 are not 1157, 99-00 are though.

lkailburn 03-14-2004 12:47 PM

uhh i'm pretty sure 96-98 are 1157. i bought amber colored bulbs for mine a while ago..im' almost positive it was 1157.

revenge--i think your lights look pretty tight. its something different ya know.. you get originality points from me :thumbup:

jinx-mitchell 03-14-2004 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by mik
Hey, im pretty sure 96-98 are not 1157, 99-00 are though.

1157 are not the stock bulbs, but if you need to use amber bulbs due to removing the orange bulb cover this is the one to use.

ReVenGe 03-15-2004 12:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
wel... im not exactly sure what you guys are talking about..... but if your talking somethign about the orange bulbs in the clear corners.... they dont cary them in the right number.... so i just went out and bought some orange bulbes that had 2 inputs and slaped them in..... they work just fine

westcoaststyle 03-15-2004 03:58 AM

Sylvania Automotive Lighting Guide: http://www.sylvania.com/bin/carApp/c...Civic&x=38&y=4 :oh:

I dunno about the red... it's definitely different though. Looks a little brighter than the civic red, but if you like it then that's great! :D

Again, I'm always amazed to see how many people actually use this DIY. :yay:

Intrepid241 04-19-2004 07:45 PM

I love this DIY! I did it this weekend and everything worked great on my '00 Accord Coupe ! Looked fricken awsome! :D