Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Do It Yourself (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/do-it-yourself-50/)
-   -   Honda Civic 96-00: DIY CTR Headlights Guide(with Pictures) (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/do-it-yourself/56277-honda-civic-96-00-diy-ctr-headlights-guide-with-pictures.html)

ReVenGe 02-03-2004 08:25 PM

this forum was great... i ordered halo projectors off of ebay for my red 94 hatch, used a blowdryer and a half hour or prying and heating with a flat head screwdriver, but didnt damage them maraculously... opened em up, and paint matched the plastic insirt inside with duplicolor import auto spray to match the car so it kind of looks like an integra (if i get matching corners anyway). siliconed 'em back together and slapped em on and everyone was impressed. only one in hawaii that i know of with matching projector headlights....

spray paint is not gonna come off from the heat looks like, just besure to reseal them up good otherwise youll get condensation inside, which i rather live with than open them up again ;)

ReVenGe 02-03-2004 08:27 PM

oh, and just to let you know, do not use this method to open up 92-95 civic corner lights, there siliconed + super glue typeed glued on.... so youll pry a little free, and then snap... time for new corners

Sonik evolved 02-11-2004 12:45 PM

Do you guys think it will work for clear taillights?
Because I have some apc clear lights and black housing headlights and instead
of buying new ones I can just do it myself.

ReVenGe 02-12-2004 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Sonik evolved
Do you guys think it will work for clear taillights?
Because I have some apc clear lights and black housing headlights and instead
of buying new ones I can just do it myself.

yes.. you can open taillights this way.... but use caution.....

Gusto222 03-06-2004 10:07 AM

BUMP -- for one of tha BEST DIY headlite threads ive eva seen!

:)

swaggs21 03-06-2004 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by BigBum777
does anybody know if the spray paint will melt over time since it gets really hot in the headlight?

I have had mine done since the time of this post (those are my lights in the pictures), and I have never seen the paint at all look any different than the day that we painted them.

TTT 03-09-2004 11:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just did mine, awesome diy!

I used high temp paint (meant to use on engine blocks) and it worked perfectly.

I also used some window tint to darken the yellow reflective bar along the bottom of the turn signal, very sweet!

westcoaststyle 03-09-2004 11:37 AM

:cool:

Looks great man! :D

swaggs21 03-09-2004 02:01 PM

Looks like it came out nice!!! It is a lot brighter shade than mine, but it still looks good.

lkailburn 03-09-2004 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by TTT
Just did mine, awesome diy!

I used high temp paint (meant to use on engine blocks) and it worked perfectly.

I also used some window tint to darken the yellow reflective bar along the bottom of the turn signal, very sweet!

that looks fawking pimp!!! :eek: damn, it makes me wish that i kept the amber peices.. last summer i opened up my lights, but only to remove all the amber parts...sadly i threw them out... damn man i can't get over how nice that looks... i also have a silver 96-98 civ..

edit: any more pics? from a lil farther away