Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Do It Yourself (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/do-it-yourself-50/)
-   -   Honda Civic 96-00: DIY CTR Headlights Guide(with Pictures) (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/do-it-yourself/56277-honda-civic-96-00-diy-ctr-headlights-guide-with-pictures.html)

NorCal 09-06-2004 10:15 PM

if you put coats and coats of clear coat, will that make it look semi reflective? or will it look bad?

TekScream 09-07-2004 06:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
wow. those are sweet westcoaststyle! major props. i have one question though.
i dont know if im brave enough to attempt this and mess up my headlights. but then again i found some official ctr headlamps but to be honest i dont know if they're really real.. for 300 bucks they better be real! can you guys gimme some feedback? thanks a bunch. :D

ek3_rs 09-08-2004 10:21 PM

i has done the DIY and would like to share it in the forum, but i do not know how to attach pictures of my "work"?

ek3_rs 09-08-2004 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by 96Civic_Coupe
how long does it take to do both headlights?

hi, i did it first time and it took me 30minutes to remove the headlight from my car, 1 hour to figure and get them apart, 1 hour to prepare and spray them, 45 minutes to get them back together again. i has apply extra silicon around them to prevent water from getting in, waited 2 hours for the silicon to cured and 30 minutes to get them back on my car.

Total work hours is 3hours and 45 minutes. worth the effort.

will post some pics of them once i figure out how to attach them. :thumbup:

ek3_rs 09-08-2004 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by dawrenn
I got around to painting my headlights but I am having trouble getting the headlights back together completely. I heated up to silicone and put it in the oven but it still has not completly sealed back together. I even rapped the headlight in a towel and duct taped it together but that did not really help. What could the problem be?

i actually encounter some problem getting the headlights back tightly also, but after some try of squeezing them back, i apply extra silicon to prevent water from getting into them.

ek3_rs 09-08-2004 10:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cant seem to attach any pics

96Civic_Coupe 09-09-2004 12:34 AM

that sedan is gorgeuos

ek3_rs 09-09-2004 12:35 AM

hi, i had just done my DIY to the headlight and would like to post it in the forum, but i cant seem to see my picture after i post?

can u tell me what is the size for attachment of pictures?

thanks

dawrenn 09-09-2004 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by ek3_rs
i actually encounter some problem getting the headlights back tightly also, but after some try of squeezing them back, i apply extra silicon to prevent water from getting into them.

I tried squeezing them back but they still did not get completey back togther. I just put some extra silicon until I can take them back apart to try to figure out the problem.

Namek 09-09-2004 11:24 AM

I did mine and everyone likes them, but before I did it I cleaned the headlights by wet sanding them and polishing them and the tops are still blurry and it keeps me from enjoying my accomplishment :\