Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

INstall help coilovers and shocks.

Old 03-26-2004, 03:49 PM
integrapinoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default INstall help coilovers and shocks.

I drive a 2000 integra LS 2dr.
Hi, I bought skunk2 coilovers and kyb agx shocks. I plan on installing them soon. Can any body give me any basic steps and tips and advice, like things to watch for when I am doing it. Thanks
Old 03-26-2004, 04:05 PM
lkailburn
college kid

nice setup :goodjob: i've got agx's and cheap coilovers, but over this summer i'm gonna pick up some sk2's.
wish i could help, but i'm also a little unsure of this stuff
Old 03-27-2004, 07:25 AM
PreDude1
"Local Neighborhood Pimp"

Originally Posted by lkailburn
nice setup :goodjob: i've got agx's and cheap coilovers, but over this summer i'm gonna pick up some sk2's.
wish i could help, but i'm also a little unsure of this stuff
Leave it to the pros' with proper tools.. cause u might need a bushing kit.. depending how old ur car..its not the ez'st thing to do.. ur better off paying once than twice.. i learned the hard way
Old 03-30-2004, 06:51 AM
93Nteg

It may be time consuming and a biatch but it can definatly be done.
*Step One
Jack up the car and set down some jack stands.
*Step two
take off the wheel
*Step three
remove the stock strut and spring( you need a spring compressor)
*Step four
Assymbol the coilovers on the new shocks
*Step five
Reinstall the unit.
*step six
repeat steps 1-5 on all four assymbolys and proceed to adjust your ride hieght.
*step seven
put the wheels on and take it for a test drive.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:32 AM
PreDude1
"Local Neighborhood Pimp"

Make it seem so easy.. like my good friend Butt-Head says.. "u need the right tools for the job, beavis".. i would say if u have machanical skills it would take u 6 hrs.. Much harder than 6 steps.. try 20 steps.. that is just a brief intro.. no details..
Old 03-30-2004, 01:35 PM
93Nteg

Details should come with the shocks and coilovers. Strut removal and installation instructions can be found in good detail in the Haynes book foryour car. If you have a friend who has been through this process call him over to assist you. The only tools you won't usually find in your own tool box would be the spring compressor and that can be rented from autozone. He is right thogh about it getting tough so if your going to do the job you need to be completely dedicated to it. It's not one of those projects you can just stop and drive to your friendly local import speed shop to install. Regaurdless it is good to learn the steps on how its done. Look over the instructions and decide wheather or not you want to put that much work into this project.
Old 03-30-2004, 01:45 PM
fino22

What ever you do be careful with the bolt on the bottom of your strut/shock. If you break the head off its a pain to get it out and then you will have to drill it out which will 99% of the time mess up the bushing. Definately call someone to help cause it is easy if you know but time consuming if you don't.
Old 04-09-2004, 07:24 PM
98WhtCivicEx
^^That's Me!^^

Originally Posted by integrapinoy
I drive a 2000 integra LS 2dr.
Hi, I bought skunk2 coilovers and kyb agx shocks. I plan on installing them soon. Can any body give me any basic steps and tips and advice, like things to watch for when I am doing it. Thanks
I am installing my camber kits and 4 tokico illumina this weekend. I am taking pictures as I install it. My car currently has coilovers on stock shocks so I will show how to install/change them to my new shocks to hopefully explain to you how to do it. Till then...
Old 04-10-2004, 07:27 AM
lkailburn
college kid

can anyone help me with the assembly of the coilover, and how it gets seated onto the shock.. this part is what i am most unsure of.
if need be i can take pics of all the parts that came with my coils and pics of my agx's
Old 04-10-2004, 09:26 PM
fino22

it should be pretty self explantory if you just look at the mechanics of the coilover. Make sure the coilover adjuster is under the spring so you can twist it and raise it or lower it and so forth. Also make sure you have the cap on the top. You should be able to look at it and figure it out.

Quick Reply: INstall help coilovers and shocks.