Notices

Power Bolt On>?

Old 10-07-2003, 04:48 PM
slammed91-hatch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha, i had one of those for my first car, put a intake on it and completely wasted the money...i couldn't feel any difference. id say just leave it stock, there's not much you can get out of the motor. If you want power and economy maybe just swap the si motor of the same year. I have on I wanna get rid of if you want
Old 10-15-2003, 07:32 PM
Redlinerz

I have heard DPFI setup gets a better gas milage then the MPFI setup..if you are worried about gas..but as for power you will feel the diference if you switch to the MPFI..It is not that hard of a swap or expensive..just go On e-bay and find the manifold..and then go to a junkyard and get a resistor box..you also need a new dizzy..so depends on what you really want..put a intake and a catback you will also feel a difference too.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:45 PM
Gasoline Fumes
Automotive Enthusiast

My friend has an '89 STD and we're adding the DX exhaust manifold, cam and ECU. We're hoping this will bring the power up to the 92 hp of the DX. I doubt the 4-speed has a direct drive 4th gear. That's usually only true for RWD transmissions. It's probably about the same overall gearing in 4th as the 5-speed in 5th. Anybody have a factory/Helms manual for the ratios?
Old 10-16-2003, 07:24 AM
excitid

THe best thing I did for my standard was the intake and exhaust and a dx exhaust manifold. It felt alot better then stock but still slow as hell with that 4 spd. Get a dx tranny and you'll still have good gas mileage and better pull.