Notices

H22a1 Motor into a Crx what's needed?

Old 10-07-2003, 10:33 AM
Calilude
I'm Shy :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by jlicrx
you can get everything you need - mount kit, shift linkage, axles, cable actuator, etc. from Place Racing - going to cost you about $1200
That's not a bad price at all. Do they have a website or something? And where are they located?
Old 10-07-2003, 11:07 AM
crxb16er

get it done at a professional shop that specializes in putting in honda engines, DO NOT TRY TO DO IT URSELF, u'll regret it and u'll run into so many problems, where i live in tucson arizona i could have it done for 7000 dollars turn key price for the engine and complete install. not worth it in my opinion but maybe u can find something cheaper out in cali, good luck
Old 10-07-2003, 11:17 AM
Calilude

Originally posted by crxb16er
get it done at a professional shop that specializes in putting in honda engines, DO NOT TRY TO DO IT URSELF, u'll regret it and u'll run into so many problems, where i live in tucson arizona i could have it done for 7000 dollars turn key price for the engine and complete install. not worth it in my opinion but maybe u can find something cheaper out in cali, good luck
I probably won't do the motor swap myself however most likely I'll get it done by one of the shops around here. I'll just get the car prepped for it. I'll buy everything that is needed to get it done. The car won't be ready to have the swap done to it for awhile, I have to primer out the body to have it repainted then I'm going to take out the old motor and toss it since it's junk then end up working on the body and interior itself.
Old 10-08-2003, 02:25 AM
Calilude

Ok I really didn't want to make two threads about the same section so I was wondering how hard and is it a lot less difficult for me to just go and throw in the h22a motor into a 93 Civic Coupe which I found for 1,200 bucks that my friend is offering. What do you think? Also what 1/4 mile times do you think I could do if it was stock?
Let me know thanks you guys for all of your help.
Old 10-08-2003, 07:49 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally posted by Calilude
I was wondering how hard and is it a lot less difficult for me to just go and throw in the h22a motor into a 93 Civic Coupe
Yes, much easier. Swap parts for that are readily availible and is pretty much bolt-in, except for the cable shift assembly.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:54 AM
Calilude

Originally posted by Kai
Yes, much easier. Swap parts for that are readily availible and is pretty much bolt-in, except for the cable shift assembly.
I might be doing that then because my friend is going to be selling me a 93 Civic coupe for like 1200 bucks. Do you guys know the 1/4 mile times with a stock h22 in a 93 coupe? What kind of motor mounts do I need and what kind of axles do I need and can I buy a cable shift assembly from any aftermarket store? Sorry I'm asking so many questions I just want to do everything right the first time.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:20 AM
Calilude

Is there a lot of welding involved with a 93 civic if I swapped the motor into it?
Old 10-09-2003, 10:35 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally posted by Calilude
Is there a lot of welding involved with a 93 civic if I swapped the motor into it?
No, there should be none unless the shifter is welded. It will probably only need to be bolted in.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:56 AM
Calilude

Originally posted by Kai
No, there should be none unless the shifter is welded. It will probably only need to be bolted in.
sweet sounds good.

Now for another question does anyone know a cheap place in bay area california that will bore out my cylinders? I want it done professionaly but I don't want spend a grip doing it. I'm going to eventually buy high compression je pistons and rods.
Old 10-10-2003, 05:36 PM
saxtonpaxton
crvtec beast

swap into a 92-95 hatch
not worth it to ruin handling qualities of a crx
crx needs a small motor
do a b16 swap or somethin
even if you have the h22a your gonna need some serious suspension work to have a normal handling car.
understeering aint fun