Notices

Am i loosing it???????

Old 09-18-2003, 08:25 PM
onelowhatch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am i loosing it???????

Is it just me or am i loosing my head??? OK here goes, I have been thinking about all the shit that i can do to my 91 civic DX, i have decided that i am gunna port and polish my stock d16b2 head and 3 angle valve job to it and slap a 50 or 75 shot of NOS on there, is it just me or am i crazy, i been thinking about getting a d16z6 or d16y8 head and a vtec controller and i think its a waste of money, since i am just going to port and polish and do all that to the new vtec head anyways then why not just leave the sotkc one in there???? But I am deffinetly going to get a b16a1 in a year or so since i am still young, but gimme ur opinion,.......................................... ....Should i swap in the vtec head and port and polish it and then get a vtec controller and then put Nitrous on it? or leave the d15b2 in there and port and polsih it and then get Nitrous??? WHAT WOULD U DO???? as u can see i deffinetly wanna get Nitrous no matter what.............................................. .................................................. .....................THX for all the help
Old 09-19-2003, 08:40 AM
onelowhatch

^^^^^^^^ help!
Old 09-19-2003, 09:18 AM
AwwsChwA

I wouldn't build a 1.5L block. If you want to stay with a SOHC, at least find yourself a D16 block, cuz you'll have the longer piston stroke.

B-series is much more expensive to start with, but obviously you'll have greater potential for power later down the line. Keep in mind that, with a B16 or any other B-series engine, you have to upgrade your sway bars and springs to compensate for significantly increased body roll and nose dive. A B-series swap involves more than just the powertrain. Hence the added expense.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:45 AM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Save your money for the B16A.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:36 AM
malfuncion
Z20 H8R

^-- word
Old 09-19-2003, 01:53 PM
crxb16er

yah i have d15b6 blocks sitting in my garage and i probably couldnt give them away, they are pretty worthless as far as aftermarket performance goes, ur much better off with more displacement to work with
Old 09-20-2003, 10:35 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally posted by onelowhatch
Is it just me or am i loosing my head???
You're nuts. The only 1.5L I see fit to build is the EW/D15A3, and that was a completely different engine in the lighter 3G body.

By the way, don't even think about a VTEC controller until you have an aftermarket cam (or, cams in the case of a DOHC.) It will not significantly help, and when misadjusted, will hurt performace.