Notices

Thievery!! :madfawk:

Old 09-18-2003, 10:22 AM
rexerin
beep! beep!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thievery!! :madfawk:

:angry: :madfawk:

this is the 1990 CRX that was broken into... the one that's for sale. Last weekend someone called about it, came to look at it, etc, and she was really interested in buying it but wanted to get it inspected first so she would know what it would need to pass and i guess so she would know what to offer for the price. I didn't want to mess with inspection, but she offered to pay for half and I've had trouble selling this car, so I said "OK, that's fair. Where do you want me to take it?" so she named this place not too far from me and I took it there Monday night so they could work on it Tuesday. Tuesday morning my phone rings and its the shop calling to tell me that my car had been broken into and that the radio had been stolen! :angry: The passenger window had been smashed out and they took my headunit, 2 8" subs and 100w amp. All in all the stuff they took wasn't worth much, it just made me so mad. The shop was very nice and replaced the window for free, and the owner is trying to find out if his insurance will help me get another radio. Looks like they tried to take the speakers in the front because the one speaker cover is poking out, but since they are screwed in, i guess that was too much work for the thief. Luckily they didn't cut the wires for the HU, just the subs which i don't care too much about anyways. Somehow when they took the HU out they caused some damage to the center console, so i was out there this morning with the super glue putting that back together. All I have to say is this woman better buy the car, since it was broken into at the shop she told me to take it to!! So here is the before pic of the console damage:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
dsc00617.jpg (154.1 KB, 100 views)
Old 09-18-2003, 10:25 AM
rexerin
beep! beep!

and here it is after i almost super-glued my fingers together... you can still see cracks but its mostly back together
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
dsc00619.jpg (152.8 KB, 98 views)
Old 09-18-2003, 10:28 AM
malfuncion
Z20 H8R

thats shitty...
Old 09-18-2003, 11:14 AM
Pete
Civilian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some people are really gay... Stealing is so out of style. That was cool maybe back in the 80's or even early 90's, but now it's kinda like doing the Macerena. Anyone caught doing it should be tied up and shot by no less than 1,000 paintballs (frozen or unfrozen at the choice of the victim).
Old 09-18-2003, 04:33 PM
rexerin
beep! beep!

i agree... the stuff wasn't even worth that much... i don't get it :dunno:

the shop called me a few hours ago and said that their insurance won't cover it because the stereo wasn't accessible to the thieves due to the shop's neglegence, i.e. they didn't leave it unlocked .... so its either on me to buy a new radio (or find my old stock radio from my 95 civ) or take $100 or so off of the asking price... depends on what the buyer wants to do. after all this, i'll be so mad if she backs out on me!

at least the shop replaced the window. the owner paid out of pocket to have that done and he really didn't have to do that, so i can't complain about the shop not covering the radio as well, since the lot is not fenced.
Old 09-18-2003, 05:01 PM
Pete
Civilian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well... This really is a crazy predicament... The lady didn't seem like the type to set something like this up does she?
Old 09-18-2003, 07:46 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by CRX_stg3
Well... This really is a crazy predicament... The lady didn't seem like the type to set something like this up does she?
that's pretty drastic for a stereo, subs and amp:dunno:
Old 09-18-2003, 08:00 PM
rexerin
beep! beep!

yea seriously... i kinda doubt she had anything to do with it... but i guess its possible...

i did think it was kinda weird that my car was the only one broken into in the whole lot and there were several other cars there. i mean, yea the subs were pretty much in plain sight (i didn't put them there, they came with the car that way) but i would have thought at least one other car would have been touched unless the thief got spooked or something...

who knows... after the hurricane blows through i'll hopefully be rid of this damn car - its been nothing but trouble since i put it up for sale. this is the second window in about 3 weeks to be replaced in it!!
Old 09-18-2003, 08:02 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by rexerin
yea seriously... i kinda doubt she had anything to do with it... but i guess its possible...

i did think it was kinda weird that my car was the only one broken into in the whole lot and there were several other cars there. i mean, yea the subs were pretty much in plain sight (i didn't put them there, they came with the car that way) but i would have thought at least one other car would have been touched unless the thief got spooked or something...

who knows... after the hurricane blows through i'll hopefully be rid of this damn car - its been nothing but trouble since i put it up for sale. this is the second window in about 3 weeks to be replaced in it!!
damn. Well, good luck, sounds like you need ith:
Old 09-18-2003, 08:04 PM
rexerin
beep! beep!

thanks! i'll take all the good luck i can get. as my cousin says "if i didn't have bad luck i'd have no luck at all" :happysad: