Notices

? on crx rear seats.

Old 09-16-2003, 01:10 PM
malfuncion
Z20 H8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear seat dilema?

ok i have a chance to order a set of jdm crx rear seats..only thing is are these plug and play? can you just bolt them right into a stock crx. i have an hf so there was only a compartment back there. i havent looked to see if there is holes or not for the seatbelt harnesses...has anyone else thrown the rear seats in thier rex? was it hard? thanks
Old 09-16-2003, 01:46 PM
crxb16er

ive known of ppl making their own seats with alot of custom fabrication but never of someone bolting in jdm seats? good luck regardless if u end up ordering them, the are tiny with no leg room, i prefer my crx without a rear sear, extra ppl means my car goes slowly, 1.6 liters have no torque to begin with
Old 09-16-2003, 02:14 PM
doIhaveBDIs
Banned

back seat is cool for looks.... but other then that no use... maybe for a coat or something, but i'd rather have my cargo thingy there then a useless backseat....
Old 09-16-2003, 05:31 PM
CivicRacingGirl

alright, the usdm crx has three compartments directly behind the driver and passenger seats. there are two small ones on the side, and one larger one in the middle.

the jdm rear seat replaces the larger compartment in the middle. you will need the jdm replacements of the two smaller compartments, as the seatbelts get fed through those. aside from that, i believe you need the bracket to mount the seat.

also, make sure it's an actual jdm seat, and not one of those hideous knock-offs they sell on ebay...
Old 09-16-2003, 05:43 PM
malfuncion
Z20 H8R

its a complete ef8 rear seat set. its 400 but i dont know bout the bracket. ill have to ask. so with the belts ive seen them through the pockets but i figured they had to bolt to something? surely they wouldnt only run a rear seat belt only through the plastic? is it even plastic? does anyone have a pair of these seats? let me know.
Old 09-16-2003, 11:37 PM
S2Kev

Originally posted by CivicRacingGirl
alright, the usdm crx has three compartments directly behind the driver and passenger seats. there are two small ones on the side, and one larger one in the middle.

the jdm rear seat replaces the larger compartment in the middle. you will need the jdm replacements of the two smaller compartments, as the seatbelts get fed through those. aside from that, i believe you need the bracket to mount the seat.

also, make sure it's an actual jdm seat, and not one of those hideous knock-offs they sell on ebay...

Whoa they have knock-off jdm seats on ebay? I've seen one or two of them where they include the seat belts too.
Old 09-19-2003, 02:04 PM
malfuncion
Z20 H8R

does anyone know if they bolt right in? i know someone has done this mod...come on jdm lovers help me out here.