Notices

knocking/poping

Old 09-11-2003, 03:22 PM
Maverick37
The Perfect Drug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default knocking/poping

when I am driving my CRX it makes this sort of knocking poping noise. it seems like it is coming from down by the wheel on the drivers side. the weird thing is it only makes the noise in the morning. any other time of the day it doesn't make this noise. so can any of you help me out? TIA
Old 09-11-2003, 05:09 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Is it only when you are turning? If so, that would probably be a bad CV joint. To fix it you need to replace the axle.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:50 PM
Maverick37
The Perfect Drug

it makes it the whole time in the morning, going straight or turning. but then in the afternoon I get in and start driving it and nothing, or at night nothing, it sounds fine. I was thinking it could be the cv joint but if it was wouldn't it make it all the time and not just in the morning?
Old 09-11-2003, 09:05 PM
Redlinerz

O have no clue what it could be to act up onl in the morning...assuming the knocking is coming from in front of the car.. i sggest ou wake up one morning, jack the front of your car up and put it on stands. Then get a friend to hope in and start driving and try and narrow down what area the sound is coming from
Old 09-11-2003, 09:16 PM
Redlinerz

this question really had me thinking so I went looking through my manuals and in the troubleshooting part they had a symptom that sounded like your---"Pining or knocking engine sounds during acceleration or uphill" If you think that is iy the book recomends you check-- ignition timing,grade of fuel, fuel injection sysem, spark plugs, dizzy components,faulty emission system, vacuum leak and carbon buildup in cylinders. I know it sounds like a lot but it is a lot of basic stuff you can check and go over...hope this helps!