Notices

Project citegra hatchback

Old 08-30-2003, 12:18 AM
darthmuffin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project citegra hatchback

I found a hatchback shell (no front clip, engine, dash, steering column, pedals, interior) seems the only thing there is the shell and the suspension. I was wanting to know if i found a 91ish integra if the steering column, pedals (basically all the stuff that i listed was missing) would fit on the civic. I also thought about putting a 91ish integra front clip on it (since i have to put a front clip on it anyway) has anybody seen this done? anybody got any pics? Please give me your ideas, tips, pics (please pics).
Old 08-30-2003, 03:20 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Most the parts will not work without heavy modification.

The front end conversion is possible, and it has been done. It is very hard. It looks weird.

Just put it back together as a hatchback or buy a different, complete one. If you want an Integra, buy an Integra. The 92-93 looks better then the 90-91 anyway.
Old 08-30-2003, 05:06 PM
darthmuffin

what about the steering and pedals. i was hoping i could find a wrecked integra and put the integra guts in the hatchback. if this is a bad idea then it is really not worth the trouble. what parts of the integra parts would not fit right on the civic. (not talking about exterior)
Old 08-30-2003, 05:34 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Fit right on, as in bolt on? Not much. The steering column and pedal assembly will be completely different because they came from two different chassis.

Why don't you just use Civic parts? The Integra steering column and pedal assembly are no better then the Civic parts.
Old 08-30-2003, 05:44 PM
darthmuffin

I really appreciate your help. I can get the shell for free and could probably find a old civic coupe and use all of the parts out of it. I could find an old coupe and get all of the parts including the front end, it should bolt on and then find an old integra or prelude engine to go in it. since i can get it for free and it is completely stripped down i figured it would be something fun to play with. What do you think?
Old 08-30-2003, 08:32 PM
t-mo

One of the most common things done (interior wise) to the HB is the 94+ integra console and 90-93 Integra seats (or civic SI seats). Needs just a little modification for console and teg seats though.
Old 08-30-2003, 08:45 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Any Prelude engine is going to be hard to put in a 4G Civic, both B and H series. Don't bother, stick with a B-series Integra engine.

Also, watch out. some of the sedan parts do not fit the hatchback. There was no coupe for 88-91.