Notices

Which crx would u buy?

Old 08-21-2003, 08:48 PM
static

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which crx would u buy?

I am 16 and I pretty much narrowed down my 3500 dolla and under crx search. I have 2 in mind and they both only live an hour drive away, which would u buy
http://www.ok-speed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7645

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=587087#6246449
Old 08-21-2003, 09:13 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Why are you asking, it looks like you're already buying the first?

That aside, buying a pre-built car takes all the fun out of it. If you really want a pre-built, buy the first. The second is asking a bit too much considering these cars only have B16A engines.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:04 PM
static

Originally posted by Kai
Why are you asking, it looks like you're already buying the first?

That aside, buying a pre-built car takes all the fun out of it. If you really want a pre-built, buy the first. The second is asking a bit too much considering these cars only have B16A engines.
Sorry i didnt mention this, I talked down both to 3500. Also, i actually talked more to the 2nd guy then the first but this way by phone not internet. The first said that with all the stuff done to his car now, he hs beat many Lt1 ss and bullit gts.That is the thing that got me with the 1st one, but, i think the 2nd one would probably be just as fast if not faster than the first one and seems to have more to offer in looks and performance. hopfully, i cn make it up to Oklahoma City this weekend to check out both.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:54 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Bah, don't buy an already fixed up car. Starting Stock is more fun.
Old 08-22-2003, 05:38 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Originally posted by FourthGenHatch
Bah, don't buy an already fixed up car. Starting Stock is more fun.
there's 2 trains of thought on buying a previously modified car

a) (rice aside) you get a modified car where the owner took the loss on the money spent on aftermarket parts...if you did it yourself (even all the labor) you'd spend alot more with the price of the car than what you got...my experience if you want to buy a race car (a real track only race car) i'd buy one that was already prepped as you'll spend a lot less money in the long run

b) where 4gh was saying is you learn lots yourself about doing your own modifications and get to pick and choose what you want done
Old 08-22-2003, 10:07 AM
CivicRacingGirl

i personally would never buy a pre-modified, even if only semi-modified, for a few reasons:

1. as everyone has mentioned, it takes the fun out of it

2. if the person isn't someone you know closely, who's to say what they did was done right?

you should be able to find a non-modified crx for a lot less than 3500. i picked up my rex three years ago for 1100...
Old 08-23-2003, 11:28 AM
malfuncion
Z20 H8R

i got a my rex from a close friend. he had dropped the b16 into it himself. then moved down here and his mother made him buy another car b/c that one was too fast or something. so it sat and sat. well finally i offered to buy it and picked it up for 2500. bone stock engine other than a light weight fly wheel and crank pulley. now i have spent well over 5 grand on that little bass-tard. but i am glad to say it was all well worth it.
Old 08-23-2003, 06:02 PM
static

Right now, i want a crx with an engine swap allready(preferably a b16) done because i dont think im that mechanically inclined that i could do n engine swap,plus, my mom said i cant buy a cheap crx for like 1500, and use the rest of the money to mod it. (I DONT NO Y). These 2 crxs are pretty much the only good ones with engine swaps.