Notices

header wrap

Old 08-19-2003, 10:51 AM
malfuncion
Z20 H8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default header wrap

ok so whats the deal with header wrap? ive heard that if you wrap your header you can void its warranty...i didnt even know headers had warranties..any ways do you think tis really worth it. does it cool your bay and cabin down? i know my rex is hot as hell under the hood and i think it might even make my cabin warm cause i can feel heat from the center console. would header wrap help me out. i have an aftermarket header 4-1 with no heat shield.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:34 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

header wrap helps to cool down engine bay temperatures...the biggest benefit are vehicles that have short rams and ingest its air from the engine compartment
Old 08-23-2003, 08:01 PM
guaynabo89

You get a noticeable difference in heat with wraped headers.

They say wrap promotes rust and cracking. Ive had my dc's wrapped for three+ years already and no problems as of yet.

You can notice a little difference in accelaration if you r heades are puting out alot of heat.
Old 08-23-2003, 10:47 PM
crxb16er

it also helps back pressure actually, it sends more heat out the back creating more of a vacume, less heat energy coming off the sidewalls of the header its forced thru the back end of the exhaust