Notices

Whats Legal Tint in Your State?

Old 08-19-2003, 09:10 AM
malfuncion
Z20 H8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats Legal Tint in Your State?

Ok what is the legal limit for tint percent in your state? Here in oklahoma the cops really dont care as long as the windshield isnt tinted. But still i see cars with it done here. The legal percentage i think here is 6 or 8 but alot of people have 4%, like me. I have never been harassed. Anyone else?
Old 08-19-2003, 09:28 AM
91_Hulk_Si
M0der@t0r Assassin

Legal in florida is like 25%
Cops carry a little card board meter that they hold behind the tint to see the amount of light that passes through the tint. The majority of cops won't stop you for it but its something they can get you for when you get pulled over for something else.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:19 PM
mullinator

GA is 35% on sides and rear. -scott '85-6 Si
Old 08-20-2003, 02:27 PM
excitid

In Illinois we can only tint the rear windows no fronts at all and they enforce it mostly when your car is parked or if they want a reason to pull you over. You can have as dark as you like but no reflective tint or mettalic tint. You can do a 4 or 6 in strip across the windshield but no color banners or powered by honda stuff allowed in the front .
Old 08-20-2003, 08:36 PM
rexerin
beep! beep!

i think its 30% in maryland... i believe we can have mirror tint as long as it is around the edges and not the middle of the window.. i've seen people that have it fading up from the bottom edge like 3 inches or so... we can tint the top of the windshield and have banners as long as they don't go below the AS1 line. its like 5-6 inches from the top of the windshield.

i don't think cops pull people over just for illegal tint... just to add insult to injury if you get nailed for something else.

slightly off topic... cops in MD are out all over the place - i saw 3 cops shooting radar on my way home from work today!
Old 08-21-2003, 02:19 PM
malfuncion
Z20 H8R

we got it easy in ok. cause we have no inspections anymore (which leads to very hoopty cars rollin round), we can get away with bout anything. we can have full mirror tint. ive seen cars around here with it so dark or mirror it literally is one. windshields that way also. there is a black hummer with all the windows mirrored. old body style not the new h2. but yeah we can have anything. we are also seeing the rainbow tint, mostly on mexicans cars. also colored tint is getting big. there is a yellow 2003 si with yellow tint. looks alright...for a focus look-a-like.