Notices

got my intake and wounldnt you know....

Old 08-13-2003, 05:58 AM
pony2slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got my intake and wounldnt you know....

Well i got my intake yesterday and went to put it on and only to find out that with the battery in the intake WONT fit.. grrrr.. is there a way around this?.. I seeen somewhere about reloacting the battery but i really dont wanna do that.. is there a smaller battery i could get that will still work with my car or am i stuck with my big massive one and have to get a different intake.?..

sounds like a stupid questioin but i am still learning about cars while i go and this problem is my most recent one.. any ideas or suggestions would be great..

thanks..
Old 08-13-2003, 06:09 AM
schwanginpt
Nadene will Return

what kind of intake did you get?? i had an AEM and it JUST cleared my battery... but it was also a DX i had it in, and the intake manifold is shorter than an Si. let me know
Old 08-13-2003, 06:10 AM
schwanginpt
Nadene will Return

oh... is it a CAI or short ram?
Old 08-13-2003, 06:20 AM
91_Hulk_Si
M0der@t0r Assassin

Post a pic
Old 08-13-2003, 06:47 AM
pony2slow

im at work right now and ill post a pic when i get home.. the intake is some cheap pos that i got jsut cause the intake that they guy had on it beofr ewas a home made ratty pos looking crap...

I have been reading about some putting smaller batteries in but i plan on having a amp and dont wanna overload my alternator...

hmmm..

ohh yeah its a short ram intake..
and all i need is about an inch or so of more clearance
Old 08-13-2003, 10:02 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

you can get a good small battery (about 1/2 the size of the stock battery) to alleviate that problem (also has potential to reduce weight and lower center of gravity...well kinda)

i did a quick search but couldn't locate a site for the smaller battery (i think exide makes a small car battery but couldn't find one on their website)
Old 08-13-2003, 12:00 PM
pony2slow

Originally posted by jaje
you can get a good small battery (about 1/2 the size of the stock battery) to alleviate that problem (also has potential to reduce weight and lower center of gravity...well kinda)

i did a quick search but couldn't locate a site for the smaller battery (i think exide makes a small car battery but couldn't find one on their website)
yeah i was reading about those but i am putting a small system in my rex and wanna make sure the battery can handle it.. plus i dont wanna drop a bill on the battery only to find out it wont work w/system.. plus the wife is starting to notice the charges i have been making for the car so far.. got the rex for 200 and have purchased about 600 is parts so far but that includes a jack and tools...
Old 08-13-2003, 02:42 PM
doIhaveBDIs
Banned

**** the shitty intake and get a AEM...will clear the battery...and prolly give you a better sound/hp/look imo...
Old 08-13-2003, 03:22 PM
pony2slow

Originally posted by doIhaveBDIs
**** the shitty intake and get a AEM...will clear the battery...and prolly give you a better sound/hp/look imo...
well for the price i paid for the intake it doesnt matter.. i wasnt buying it for more HP nor for anything else but to have a better looking one than i did...

here is pic of the problem...

Old 08-13-2003, 04:27 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

that's a clean engine bay!

i've got a cheapo cai and had to extend the battery box to allow clearance...i'm not sure that'll work for you...sometimes you have to be creative