Old 09-06-2003, 03:03 PM
Redlinerz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what tool are you talking about cuz i dont think autozone rents air rachets
Old 09-06-2003, 03:06 PM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

its this thing that like fits in the pulley socket so you can crank the bolt off.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:19 PM
Redlinerz

they got something called a pulley puller...would that be it? But it looks like it will just help take the plley off not the bolt. Look on the autozone website and they show all the tools they lend
Old 09-06-2003, 09:30 PM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

i thought that at first too, but the crank pulley slides off SOOO easy, i dunno why that is necessary.
Old 09-06-2003, 10:15 PM
Redlinerz

Really??? So I dont even gotta tak eoff the bolt??? Hmmmm... can you find out the exact name of the tool for me. I would really apreaciate it
Old 09-06-2003, 10:16 PM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

no, the bolt has to come off. there is a washer under it that keeps it on.
Old 09-06-2003, 10:27 PM
Redlinerz

lol...o0o0 well that is the hard part...the pulley just slides off that is not a problem. What would you say is the easiest way to take the bolt off would be..with the engine still in the car. I tried today with a 1/2 inch craftsmen ratchet and had my girl put a jack under the ratchet and jack it up while I held the flywheel. It started to turnand the all of a sudden the lil square part of the ratchet snaped. It was crazy,,but what do you think I should do. I read I should get aa 300 lb air gun but I only got a lil compressor...would that make a difference? would I need a bigger compressor or just the bigger gun????
Old 09-13-2003, 04:51 PM
Spood
Sucka

When I was trying to break loose the crank pulley bolt on my 5g hatch, I had the engine in the car, screwdriver jammed in flywheel, 1/2" drive breaker bar with ~4 foot pole extending it. The front of the car was supported by a couple wheels on both sides (couldn't find the jack stands). I lifted the rear of the car off the ground using that breaker bar...and the bolt wouldn't break. Long story short, took it to Midas just to break the bolt. They had to use a 1000 ft/lb air wrench to get it off, and even then it took them a little while.
Old 09-13-2003, 05:24 PM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

Originally posted by Redlinerz
lol...o0o0 well that is the hard part...the pulley just slides off that is not a problem. What would you say is the easiest way to take the bolt off would be..with the engine still in the car. I tried today with a 1/2 inch craftsmen ratchet and had my girl put a jack under the ratchet and jack it up while I held the flywheel. It started to turnand the all of a sudden the lil square part of the ratchet snaped. It was crazy,,but what do you think I should do. I read I should get aa 300 lb air gun but I only got a lil compressor...would that make a difference? would I need a bigger compressor or just the bigger gun????
i would use a 500 ft lb gun as it should be torqued to about 145lbs. i heard mexican zone has a tool to make it easier. i think teggerLS told me that or kirk ls.