Notices

ah!

Old 07-27-2003, 12:45 PM
doIhaveBDIs
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ah!

went up to philly again yesterday night/this morning and there were so many nice crxs and yes sleeper crxs up there...along with other nice cars and bikes...

any who...i want a body kit!..after seeing the all mugen crx everyweek and all the fresh painted and smooth, no dents, no rust rexs just makes me want one sooooo bad!

I think im about to spend the most amount of money ever!

i still have NOT ordered the mugen wheel and knob, but i still want em($430 for em)...but the WW kit i think is about $500+ ( my friend just got one for 500 something)

Has anyone ever had a good paint job...every thing but engine bay painted, and all dents pull/filled and rust fixed (only one rear quarter panel on my rex)

What could i be looking to spend on this procedure?

I have about $3500 in the bank plus over a grand in my room, and a pay check for $300+ everyweek for the next month or so until school starts...

What do you guys think? Go for the mugen shit, and save my money then get a kit in a little while( month or two)....

Or order it up and go get a estimate on the body work/paint/kit..?

Thanks Guys...YOUR OPINIONS HELP!!! Be honest!!! :thumbup:
Old 07-27-2003, 02:22 PM
FTOlimited
‹^›(Ò¸ó)‹^›

sleep on it. see if you still want the kit that bad in like a month. if you want it that bad go for it. if you have to get it now its ur money bro
Old 07-28-2003, 07:52 AM
rexerin
beep! beep!

Body kits are usually heavy and don't fit exactly right... anything aftermarket will most likely have weird gaps. Also, if you are going for performance, I would ONLY get either something JDM or mugen... something that is made specifically for the car and for performance (i.e., not too heavy and aerodynamic). That's one of my big pet peeves with car modding is that people go all-out on performance stuff AND cosmetics, when all that heavy cosmetic stuff counter-acts the performance stuff by adding weight and taking away from aerodynamics (not in all cases, but a lot of them). I'm not saying you can't have both performance and looks, but you've gotta find the right balance for the look and performance you want.

As for body work and paint, if you want a better deal, hit them up around november before it starts snowing and before people are flooding the shops with snow-related repairs. Summer is prime time for body shops... save your money and wait a few months.

And that's my two cents... I'll get down off of my soap box now
Old 07-28-2003, 09:46 AM
schwanginpt
Nadene will Return

Default Re: ah!

Originally posted by doIhaveBDIs
went up to philly again yesterday night/this morning and there were so many nice crxs and yes sleeper crxs up there...along with other nice cars and bikes...

any who...i want a body kit!..after seeing the all mugen crx everyweek and all the fresh painted and smooth, no dents, no rust rexs just makes me want one sooooo bad!

I think im about to spend the most amount of money ever!

i still have NOT ordered the mugen wheel and knob, but i still want em($430 for em)...but the WW kit i think is about $500+ ( my friend just got one for 500 something)

Has anyone ever had a good paint job...every thing but engine bay painted, and all dents pull/filled and rust fixed (only one rear quarter panel on my rex)

What could i be looking to spend on this procedure?

I have about $3500 in the bank plus over a grand in my room, and a pay check for $300+ everyweek for the next month or so until school starts...

What do you guys think? Go for the mugen shit, and save my money then get a kit in a little while( month or two)....

Or order it up and go get a estimate on the body work/paint/kit..?

Thanks Guys...YOUR OPINIONS HELP!!! Be honest!!! :thumbup:
ok.. im gonna try and answer this as nicely and to the point as i can (this is not supposed to sound mean.. remember that)

first of all..YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY!!

that mugen kit you saw in philly.. yea its phat and awesome looking, but theres one on ebay (all cracked, and missing the rear bumper) and its selling for $3K. WW is a mugen replica, but everyones doing it, so i wouldnt (IMO).

fixing dents, repaints and whatever else is gonna cost out the ass. i talked to my dad, and he doesnt know of any good shops that he would recommend. Mine is only getting done as a good favor for my dad. he did say that with what you are looking for to get done, he said don't be suprised to be spending upwards of 2500-3000+ for body and paint work.

so right there you almost blown your budget. add up a WW kit and the $800 in misc parts you want, youre looking at around 5K for all this.

You need to sit down and think about what you want to do to your car too man. If you want a show car, do the body kits and stuff, but if you want speed and handling, thats more weight that you don't want.

I like the fact that you want quality mugen parts and you want to get your car done right and perfect... but is your daily driver man. You're gonna spend all this money on a car, just to have someone throw a stone at you on the highway and bust the paint.. or whatever. My CRX is not my daily driver anymore, and i am purposly leaving a couple flaws in it so its not "perfect"

and personally, i don't think you guys should be up in philly racing anyway, what are you gonna do when you race and God forbid you wreck your car?? what then?? it's one thing on the track, its another on the street.

I'm sorry to say i don't think you guys have the respect for your cars like you should have, especially if you plan on putting all this money into your car. You guys drive em like you stole em, and thats fine on occasion, but c'mon give the car a break.

Sit down and figure out how long you want the car, what kinda conditions is it gonna go through, and what do YOU want the car to be. Sit down and figure those out and go from there. and STICK with the plan, don't go changing it, just cause you go up somewhere and see some cars you like. There are different styles for different people, you have to figure out what you like.

*whew* ok im done.. thats my $.02, and like i said.. this is not supposed to sound too MEAN :fawk: