Notices

90 Civic Dx 1.5 Ecu has code 20 ???

Old 07-27-2003, 07:31 AM
jakovalltrades

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90 Civic Dx 1.5 Ecu has code 20 ???

Help me out guys this has me pulling out my hair. I have tried a different distributor and I made sure it is turning it has 12 volts at the ignitor but my manual says that 2 of the wires should show continuity to ground and they dont ? Does this have something to do with the code 20. My book says code 20 is electric load, can anybody tell me what this means. The car was missing for a couple of weeks then it just died one day and hasn't run or had spark since but it cranks over.

Thanks
Old 07-27-2003, 08:05 AM
excitid

You can start off by unplugging the alternator plug a few time to see if its not connecting good or has any corrosion then you can reset the ecu by unplugging the hazard fuse. If that doesn't work go ahead and try the stuff in the diagram. Double check all of your grounds and all connections in the main fuse box under the hood. If none of this works your best bet may be to go to the yard and get a replacement fuse box since the eld is part of it and cannot be replaced seperately.

diagram from quickhonda.net
Old 07-27-2003, 08:53 AM
jakovalltrades

Hey thanks alot I finally know where the eld is and I can check it out. There is alot of useful info in the manual page you sent. I will check on it.

Thanks again
Old 07-28-2003, 06:23 AM
excitid

Also check out www.quickhonda.net they have alot of useful stuff.....