Notices

question may have been asked a million times but...ss

Old 07-26-2003, 09:33 PM
drifterx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question may have been asked a million times but...ss

ok ive read many different things in many different places so...can someone please tell me what would be the best choice for me on a short shifter? i have been told i need an 94+ teg because i have a race seat and harness and it is very difficult to reach a civic shifter. ive also been told that a teg shifter wont fit. i dont understand this because it shares a tranny that is switchable between all b-series engings. am i wrong? i dont know if it makes a difference but i have a 89 crx si w/b16a engine w/y1 tranny. please help me out i wanna get something on the car that i can say i did and not the previous owner!!! this is probably the cheapest and one of the few thing he did not do.
Old 07-28-2003, 08:51 AM
AwwsChwA

ya know why he didnt do it? Cuz its not necessary. A short shifter really won't offer much improvement. But, if you need a better position for the shift lever, then I think that will narrow down your choices. I know B&M makes a shift lever that's bent back, and if I remember correctly the factory GSR shift lever also has a bend in it.
Old 07-28-2003, 12:47 PM
crxb16er

any shifter should be compatable, its just bolted onto the bottom with bushings and the diameter size is all the same for the ball assembly, just get whatever is in reach for u with ur particular car, ive used the same shifter for the b16 the zc and the hf engine so it makes no difference at all.