Notices

what to do next?

Old 07-26-2003, 08:48 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by drifterx
if i were to go with the itr cams would i need to upgrade the valvetrain? also what cam gears would work best with the itr cams?
stock valvetrain should stand up to them. but for piece of mind you can upgrade to the itr valvesprings. as for cam gears, they're all basically the same. get something with more than 3 bolts to prevent slippage.
Old 07-26-2003, 09:22 PM
drifterx

Originally posted by krustindumm
FI is the only way to go.

-Dustin
so does that mean i should go work on my wrx more? i think im gonna get a new fmic for the wrx and short shifter & new vtec solenoid (starting to get a leak), new coolant lines, grounding mod, get a passenger side seat and maybe a cd player.
Old 07-27-2003, 07:24 AM
excitid

If I were you I would just get the fmic and then concentrate on the crx since the wrx will be complete.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:01 PM
krustindumm

NO actually I meant that the next step on the CRX should be FI. But finishing the WRX is also a good idea. Finish the WRX first.

-Dustin
Old 07-28-2003, 05:50 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

If you have only one racing seat, get another. Cars with only one look kinda funky IMHO.

For the next power upgrade, cams/valvetrain is a great idea. Just make sure you match the cam profile to what you intend to do with the car, be it N/A or FI.

If you live in a non-emissions area, you can run some pretty wicked cams too:rick:
Old 08-06-2003, 06:14 AM
schwanginpt
Nadene will Return

i think you shoul work on the WRX first. I wanted to do some small stuff to my rex.. I/H/E, but mostly focus on the cruiser. Well when i got into my accident, that all changed. :happysad:

im really glad that i will get to do the CRX they way i wanted to, but i wanted to get one car done first. so thats my $.02