Notices

does anyone know what this is????

Old 07-23-2003, 10:45 AM
malfuncion
Z20 H8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where does it hook into on the intake manifold? which port would i use. there is one on the backside of my manifold i have just hosed and clamped off...is this it? does it really matter as long as its connected to the manifold? if all else ill just do what i have now and remove the thing. i kinda have problems starting it in the morning but ive seen the same problem with numerous other engines that are from japan.

i watched mtv's real life street race and the guy with the blue itr and multiple throttle bodies had to sit and let his crank for like 10 minutes before it started. i have that same problem. some times its just a beyotch and wont start. i just blame it on a japanese engine in humid asss oklahoma. the shop told me it was because it was running rich and toasting the spark plugs leaving a settlement on them. so i have to crank it til i burn that toastyness off. no one really knows though. any thoughts?
Old 07-23-2003, 11:08 AM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Also my engine is straight up Japan and it starts up just fine. Make yourself some new ground wires, that would probably help a lot. That and a strong battery.
Old 07-23-2003, 02:26 PM
malfuncion
Z20 H8R

k cool. so you think its some ground action huh. i just replaced it with a new ground...well the top ground on the valve cover. where is another? also another symptom is when it starts up it starts up real rough. kinda sputters for a second then goes fine with the aid of a little gas thats only when it hasnt been started fopr a few hours. any other ideas of what std my car has?
Old 07-23-2003, 05:36 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

There are 3 grounds, one one is valve cover > chassis, the other is negative battery post > chassis > transmission, and one other is on the thermostat but that is wired into your harness so you can't really do anything about that. But you can always add more grounds to your car.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:49 PM
hybridrex

I know that on newer d16y8's there is a spring loaded idle air control valve that runs off of coolant pressure, looks just like that only on the bottom, would that be the same thing??? if so mine is doing the same thing, dying when cold