Notices

Strange PW0 problem

Old 07-21-2003, 11:53 AM
WojtekG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange PW0 problem

I've just replace stock chip in my PW0 with modified one. I created the custom chip by modifing fuel map and uploading it the chip.Than I installed chip in my PW0 according to the instructions You can find on the internet.

The problem is that after connecting ECU to the car, red test light inside the ECU is lighted up permanently. I can't find such error code anywhere. Engine started and were reving properly, but after Vtec started, check engine light appeared.

Have You ever faced similar problem and what was wrong? Any ideas?

BTW: I used 27c256 chip to replace the stock one unit.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:36 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

I personally think chipping is a bad idea considering how many adjustable piggy-back and stand-alone fuel systems there are out now. When you reprogram and rechip those things, there are too many things that can go wrong (improper programming, poor soldering, broken peices-parts, etc)

BTW, are you seriously in Poland?
Old 07-21-2003, 10:11 PM
WojtekG

I'm seriously in Poland and we have pretty strong Honda clubs here.

Anyway thanks for advise, but I already chipped ECU and look for solution to problem faced.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:07 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

What I mean is that you may have accidentally internally damaged the ECU when swapping the chips. What code was the ECU blinking?

(My family is of Polish decent, that's why I asked. You don't happen to know what my family name, "Yurchik," is in cyrillic, do you?)
Old 07-21-2003, 11:49 PM
WojtekG

That's really interesting news that You family roots are in Poland. In Poland we do not use cirilic that is native for Russians.
The name You mentioned probably originally was Jurczyk. This is real polish name.

Returning to issue of ECU, this LED is not blinking, but is permanently lighted up.