Notices

couple of questions for you 4th gen guys...

Old 07-18-2003, 09:53 PM
xsists

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default couple of questions for you 4th gen guys...

My friend is buying a new car and is going to sell his old one.. he has an 89 civic and i need a new winter car... (dont ask why i dont drive my civ in the winter, i just dont) he was going to sell it to me for $350 but he blew the tranny tonight tryin to race me... its a standard d15b1 with the 4 spd tranny... he is now going to sell it to me for $200 and i talked to the local swap guy and he can get me a tranny for it for $100... my questions are: is it hard to swap out the tranny? will any d-series (cable) tranny fit on it? will it matter if it is 4 spd or 5 spd? also the axels are gone on the car and i was wondering if any year d-series axels would fit on them, i.e. the extra set i have for my 97 d16y7...
Old 07-19-2003, 04:23 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

any d series cable tranny will fit that engine

i would suggest a dx or si tranny from a crx or civic hb...you will still need to use 23 spline (civic std hb [4spd hb] / crx hf axles) as the hubs on your car will only accept the 23 spline axle...However, you can still use the 23 spline axles on the dx si tranny (the tranny side splines on the dx/si/hf/std are identical)

i have a set of brand new rebuilt dx/hf axles for sale if you are interested (however i am leaving for vacation and won't be back until sunday the 27th)...pm me if you are interested in them as I'll let em go for
Old 07-19-2003, 12:52 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally posted by jaje
any d series cable tranny will fit that engine
Any 88+ cable transaxle

87 and prior D/EW/EV transaxles used a weird mount point that will not bolt into the EF chassis. Just incase someone tried to sell him a 3G Si trans or 1G 'teg unit or something.