Notices

some sort of problem

Old 07-16-2003, 06:02 PM
Regime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some sort of problem

forgive me for not searching but i need to know right away what this could be.

tonight i was at the gas station filled it up and went to start it up and it didnt want to start. so i turned it over a few time and it fired up but it was throwing a cell. so i limped home (un able to rev above 3200) when i got in i shut it off and started it back up. the cell was gone so i went to rev it above 3200 and it started to over heat so i shut it down. then i just turned it to the on possition with out starting the engine and the engine light was back on. i took a look at the ecu and the light was just staying on, instead of being off. it didnt flash so im not sure what code this was.

now from the small amount of black smoke i have from my exhaust and the slight sputter i get i feel that im running a bit rich. and that it may have ruined my O2 sensors. and this could be the issue, but then it would be giving me a code 1 and 2. so i dont know if this is it. and also i dont think that would explain the over heating.

im praying that my head gasket is not going like it did on my old engine but if it was it would be putting out white smoke and that could explain the over heating, but there is no white smoke to be seen, and also there are no leaks in the system either.

i hope that someone can help me out and tell me that they have had this problem/s also. please any input will help
Old 07-18-2003, 07:58 AM
91_Hulk_Si
M0der@t0r Assassin

Depending on the milage of your car, I'd say your fuel sending unit is cloged up. Tank after tank of gas leaves a sediment in your tank and when you let the fuel level get really low it sucks up the crap in the bottom of the tank, also when you fill up it mixes it all up. I'd send some fuel treatment through your system, pull out fuel injectors and inspect, and if all else fails remove back seat and manualy inspect fuel sending unit. I'd attach a pic of fuel sending unit if i knew how to.
Old 07-18-2003, 03:22 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally posted by Regime
i took a look at the ecu and the light was just staying on, instead of being off. it didnt flash so im not sure what code this was.
Abnormal ECU light activity usually means the ECU is toasted. If you have a friend with a PR3/PW0 ECU, borrow it and see if your car will run with it.