Notices

Mechanical Twins?

Old 07-14-2003, 11:51 AM
Magik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mechanical Twins?

Is there a CRX that is the mechanical twin to a Civic HB?

For example...would a 90 CRX DX be mechanical likeness of the 90 STD HB?

Just trying to get an idea because I found a manual that I can print out online for a 91 CRX...it says it is compatible with most 88-91 CRX's but I was under the assumption that a CRX "mechanically" is the same car as the civic...just basically the body is different.

Let me know before I spend the time printing out this manual.

What CRX is "most" compatibly similar with my 90 Civic HB STD???

Jason
Old 07-14-2003, 11:59 AM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Most of the Civic and CRX are exactly the same. However its mainly like...

Civic STD/CRX HF
Civic DX/CRX DX
Civic Si/CRX Si

There are some differences such as STD had a B1 and HF had a B6 which was MPFI. But they have the same knuckles and stuff. The DX and Sis are more like each other though.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:06 PM
Magik

So if I was printing out the section on the HF that would be the closest thing to my STD...?...kewl.

I want to get a hlems manual I just don't want to spend over 100 bucks on a manual...sigh...

Jason
Old 07-14-2003, 01:25 PM
crxb16er

get a haynes manual just as good and about 12-15 bucks at any local autozone. walk thrus of everything ud need.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:51 PM
Magik

I have a Haynes Manual...I find it too generic...actually rather useless...it doesn't not provide the exploded diagrams, pictures, etc.

Jason
Old 07-14-2003, 02:52 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

uh, didn't the std have dpfi? the hf had mpfi... and I know the std had a 4spd tranny as an option... But yeah, the DX and Si's are basically interchangeable.
Old 07-14-2003, 03:31 PM
crxb16er

the haynes isnt as car specific as a helms, mine has pics of only the 84-91 model crx and civic's so it goes back and forth for the particular years and just has pics of a few operations but it provides enough to know what u are doing and how to get the job done.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:13 PM
Magik

Originally posted by Bakeoff
uh, didn't the std have dpfi? the hf had mpfi... and I know the std had a 4spd tranny as an option... But yeah, the DX and Si's are basically interchangeable.
Yes my STD does have DPFI and is SOHC, 4sp manual, D15B1.

Which one is the most comparible to that?

Originally posted by crxb16erthe haynes isnt as car specific as a helms, mine has pics of only the 84-91 model crx and civic's so it goes back and forth for the particular years and just has pics of a few operations but it provides enough to know what u are doing and how to get the job done.
You have the same Haynes manual as I do...I just find that they get you to the point where your about to have your question answered...and they leave you hanging. It has helped me, but whe you need 'specific info' it just ain't there.

Maybe I'll break down and buy a helms...I suppose I'd spend less on a helms than having the dealer or a mechanic fix something, so in the long run it might pay for itself...it's just hard to dish out 100 bucks for a manual.

Jason
Old 07-14-2003, 07:30 PM
crxb16er

Originally posted by Magik

You have the same Haynes manual as I do...I just find that they get you to the point where your about to have your question answered...and they leave you hanging. It has helped me, but whe you need 'specific info' it just ain't there.

Jason
well next time u get stuck working on the car just let me know i get at least 3 ppl a day hitting me up on aim asking car questions, and although i dont know nearly all there is to know i'd surely toss out the stuff i do know.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:16 AM
ragerized
dc4 ownerages

steal one :naughty:

...or you could always find one used or on ebay or something.