Notices

Ls hatch people

Old 07-13-2003, 09:26 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls hatch people

So, one of my best friends picked up a 2nd gen Ls swap from a local bone yard. He stashed it at my house this last week, and we put it in over the weekend. Surprisingly, I was working alone on pulling the engine, since he had some family things to attend to. From the time I jacked it up, until I was jacking the engine out was 45 minutes... Maybe I've done a few too many D series swap, and maybe I should work for a chop shop.

Now putting it back in, I can't remember what brand of mounts he bought, but they sit it in there perfectly (I'm a 5th gen guy, not used to needing mounts for most swaps). I have to say, anyone that has done this swap before, I give you some respect. D series swaps are EASY, don't require bangin out frames, no removal of front mounts, etc, etc. Thank god another friend dropped off the welding shiz at my house! the linkage isn't PERFECT, but works great.

All in all, not a real hard swap to do. So, all you that were worried about this swap, jump on it. His little hatch hauls butt! The friend that dropped off the welder also works in a machine shop, so his flywheel was lightened by about 8lbs. ACT clutch, and a few other goodies, and it's NICE! Making me think I need to ditch the del sol, and get a 4th gen or a crx (I miss my old rex.... )

Sorry for the long, pointless post. Just tired, and giddy...
Old 07-14-2003, 03:42 PM
crxb16er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

45 minutes is impressive, it took me 10 minutes just to remove the electrical connector for the injectors and another 15 minutes fighting with the axle hub, u use a good deal of air tools? chop shop style id say give me 45 minutes no problem, just cutting everything off but i always end up with stuck on hoses and problems finding my tools once i misplace them, then again i do drink alot of beer while working so that may be a hindering factor im not figuring in there. good job, doing this last engine the zc i probably spent a good 8-9 hours on it taking my time, and cleaning up everything while i was doing it, but i hopped in my empty car and scrubbed down the sides, degreased the new engine and had to drive back in to town to get a new 32 mm socket after i broke mine on the hub.