Notices

getting a swap here soon

Old 07-15-2003, 08:20 PM
jonharb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, i guess we all got off topic. if you want to have a turbo charged motor, get a stroker moter from PAC Motorsports and turbo charge it, or get an Integra LS B18b motor and turbocharge that. Dont turbo charge a Vtec motor if you want to run 13-17psi of boost, the vtec will kick in and destroy your motor if its not bulletproof. Also, if you get the B16 or B18c1 (GS-R), goto Crower and get a stroker kit. The more displacement you have (in terms of cc's), the less you have to worry about blowing your motor, and maybe still get away with high boost and Vtec. Good Luck.
Old 07-16-2003, 06:00 AM
Caster Troy SI
bye ashley, hello leah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm... i'm not really concerned with v-tec, i know it has it's perks, but thinking of it in terms of seeing someone you want to race and then racing them(streets) it's like a delay of power.... that is if i weren't to know what a v-tec is or what it does. i could do that with a non-v-tec, just don't wide-open-throttle it until "said rpm kick in" then let it rip. but i do understand why it would be good to have one, only i want to throw a fast engine in and turbo it, with as much ease as i can, other than a few standard practices, like engine mounts, but i don't want to have to go through putting things in(on) my car, then have to take it off, have to go buy parts(that i didn't expect to buy) or get screwed on prices and parts, and i definantely don't want to buy something noncompatible or something that will break or f*** up on me anytime soon. i mean hell... it's a freakin honda. i like that my car has the honda effect of quality and lifespan, i don't want to loose that over stupid amounts of power