Notices

nuckle and hub question

Old 07-11-2003, 04:37 AM
crxb16er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nuckle and hub question

i'm having a real problem finding parts for my car, my question is really simple, are crx dx and si hubs the same as any other civic sedan or hatch nuckles and hubs? i know the hf ones are way to small but im wondering if i can swap in any other hubs besides the one for a crx because i cant find any in a junkyard newhere and im hoping to have the car running within the next 2 days, i originally had them being shipped but im guessing that they never got nething processed because all my other parts arrived over a week ago and they never charged me for the parts i was ordering even though i gave them all my info over 2 weeks ago? so i figured something happened, so.....

anyone know if the civic sedan, or civic hatch nuckles and hub will work? i figured they would but want to be sure, i need to complete the drive train for this zc engine, already got the intermediary shaft just need the hubs to hold it all together.
Old 07-11-2003, 06:00 AM
jlicrx

all 88-91 CRX/Civic Si & DX are the same - CRX HF & Civic STD will not work - Civic sedan will also work - they have an added advantage of having bigger brakes, if you wanted to swap them also.
Old 07-11-2003, 07:17 AM
crxb16er

thank you SOOOOO much buddy, in about an hour when these junk yards open up i'll be out in the yards with my ball joint seperator, a good socket wrench my 32 mm socket and i'll be ripping one off, hopefully i'll have the car driving today.
Old 07-11-2003, 07:28 AM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Don't confuse a Civic STD with a DX, they look similar but they aren't the same.
Old 07-12-2003, 06:57 AM
Magik

Biggest indicator of an STD is no letters...anywhere...no extra badges...I drive an STD...it's a pain in the ass to find parts...and it was Canadian made...but that is an indicator. You will not see CX/DX/LX...whatever-X...just Civic.

Jason
Old 07-12-2003, 10:27 AM
crxb16er

got the axles off a civic ex that had bigger front disc's on it so good swap, now i need the correct axles because 89 integras are too short and i found this out the hard way by ripping one apart.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:04 PM
Realm730

Listen as for hubs Si and Dx aren't the same who ever said that was misleading you. Si hubs are 25 spline hubs some Canadian model Dx's have 25 spline Hubs that you can use with a B16 swap
But as for USDM 88-91 DX's there no good
Old 07-14-2003, 07:07 PM
crxb16er

when i went to the junk yard i slid my axle into the spline and it worked perfectly??? but maybe they vary by location, i just went with the civic ex because of its bigger rotors and brakes instead.