Notices

harnesses

Old 07-10-2003, 06:33 PM
doIhaveBDIs
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default harnesses

any one in here got a crx and have harnesses...if so put pics of what u hooked the up to in the rear...thanks
Old 07-10-2003, 09:13 PM
AwwsChwA

If you don't have a roll bar, you can install a rear strut bar and put the upper harness ties on that.

by the way, what kinda wheels are on your signature car pic? Is that your car? Are those silver Rota Slipstreams? They look killer!!!
Old 07-10-2003, 10:17 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Uhhh do you realize how weak a strut bar is? If you attach harnesses to a strut bar and get in an accident I will call that Darwin at work.
Old 07-11-2003, 03:07 AM
jc836

Do you have a REAL race seat with the opeinings and have you installed a real 5-point belt-harness setup. If so, then you are part way there. The next step is a solid horizontal bar behind the seat at about shoulder height-take a look at the Simpson catalog to see the right way.

A tower bar will not do what you want. The alternate would be to bolt the harness to the floor but that has issues as well. The important thing is strength and location.
Old 07-11-2003, 07:30 AM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

He has a CRX Si and the Si seat doesn't have holes but rather a dip with "shoulders" that will hold harnesses just fine.
Old 07-20-2003, 04:00 PM
doIhaveBDIs
Banned

so anyone?
Old 07-20-2003, 04:31 PM
4thgen91EFhatch

i do...i have a 4 pt harness on the drivers side...my car is a dx but i swapped in SI seats...they work very well...i'll try to get some pics soon cause i'm also tryin to get some pics of my audio setup in progress...i got one made especially for civics and crx's and the bottom belts bolt in where my seat belt buckle use to be and on the other side of the floor...i bolted down the top belts on the floor...what issues does that have guys...thanks
Old 07-20-2003, 05:54 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Originally posted by 4thgen91EFhatch
i do...i have a 4 pt harness on the drivers side...my car is a dx but i swapped in SI seats...they work very well...i'll try to get some pics soon cause i'm also tryin to get some pics of my audio setup in progress...i got one made especially for civics and crx's and the bottom belts bolt in where my seat belt buckle use to be and on the other side of the floor...i bolted down the top belts on the floor...what issues does that have guys...thanks
Your car is a hatch, everyone knows you can just use the back seat belts. He was asking about a CRX which has no back seats
Old 07-26-2003, 08:40 PM
krustindumm

Do not bolt the shoulder harness to the floor. That could be bad. The 89+ should still have the place to mount the seatbelt on the B-pillar (2nd hand info, i have not done this) and you need to have a bar made that will bolt to each side in those holes and goes all the way across the car. that is safe to attach a harness to.

Although, for saftey reasons, you should NEVER use a 4pt (or 5pt) in a car w/o at least a 4pt roll bar. In a rollover the DOT 3pt harness allows your body to move incase the roof collapses, a 4pt does not.

-Dustin
Old 07-27-2003, 03:38 PM
jc836

Yes indeed the Si seats are very comfortable-BUT not solid. That is the problem-they can fold back making the harness almost useless or worse. The correct mounting is with a one-piece seat (Sparco REV for example) and a real roll bar.