Notices

More ZC opinions

Old 07-06-2003, 07:25 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More ZC opinions

Well, coming back from a movie last night I came across a 4th gen hatch that was revving all over the place. Took off kind of quick from a light in a turn lane which caught his attention and he started pacing me. I don't run on the street, but I did drop it down to 3rd to see what he had. After I was sufficently satisfied that I was pulling on him with no hope for him to reverse it I backed off. ZC powered

That was the word when I asked what he had at the next light [which I already knew, but was kind of hoping it was a B16, they hang a *little* better ]. I let him know I wouldn't be going more than 5 over the limit after giving a quick cap of my mods, and then I bogged off the line. Stupid humidity

So yeah, I'm quite convinced I'm making more power than a ZC [the hatch looked stripped down some], and my car was still loaded for work with my tool boxes and parts and all, so weight was pretty even I imagine. If I ever swap in a ZC to a car, I'll probably put dual carbs on it to give it back some balls :fawk: hehe.

Just needling you ZC guys
Old 07-06-2003, 07:41 AM
BTLFED
I eat paint chips.

My ZC would beat you.h: :fawk:
Old 07-06-2003, 07:43 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Originally posted by BTLFED
My ZC would beat you.h: :fawk:
Until you melt down #3 cylinder with that nitrous

EDIT: And lest I forget, I would certainly expect more fight from cars that carry hairdryers everywhere they go
Old 07-06-2003, 07:45 AM
BTLFED
I eat paint chips.

My old ZC melted a valve in the number 4 cylinder because of a fuel injector failing. I won't even use the bottle.

Edit: You just had to add that last line didn't you?:db:
Old 07-06-2003, 07:49 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Originally posted by BTLFED
Edit: You just had to add that last line didn't you?:db:
That's what happens when I make a comment that I realize needs to be qualified later

I'm not sure how much power is left in my engine while keeping it comfortable to drive around town. Guess that means it's time to start building my next project car
Old 07-06-2003, 07:55 AM
BTLFED
I eat paint chips.

Originally posted by 1stGenCRXer
That's what happens when I make a comment that I realize needs to be qualified later

I'm not sure how much power is left in my engine while keeping it comfortable to drive around town. Guess that means it's time to start building my next project car
We sponsor a white 1st gen CRX SCCA car that we dyno tested a bunch of parts for him. It's fuel injected, and it made only about 109hp but about 100ft/lbs of torque! I want a first gen CRX.

You can't rule out my turbo. "Run what ya brung" right?
Old 07-06-2003, 08:01 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Dang man... You could sponsor me, I'll build a GT3 car, on that same engine I can make over 150 HP and near 130 lb/ft of torque with some Webers in race trim I'm only making like 140/115 right now. And on top of that, I've been racing on the family budget for 10 years, we know how to stretch a dollar
Old 07-06-2003, 08:05 AM
BTLFED
I eat paint chips.

Originally posted by 1stGenCRXer
Dang man... You could sponsor me, I'll build a GT3 car, on that same engine I can make over 150 HP and near 130 lb/ft of torque with some Webers in race trim I'm only making like 140/115 right now. And on top of that, I've been racing on the family budget for 10 years, we know how to stretch a dollar
Hehehehe....well I think he only makes that hp because of the class he is in. I can't remember what class that is though.:happysad: If you SCCA race, why aren't you at that big race up north? That is where all three of the cars we sponsor are. We sponsor them labor wise and give them parts for our cost, so I guess you could call it a "partial" sponsorship. One drives a WRX, one drives a 1st gen CRX, and one drives an M Roadster. I've driven the roadster. That thing is scary because of how fast you can take turns. It makes you too secure, like you are the best driver in the world.
Old 07-06-2003, 08:14 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

First off, lack of funds.

My family is our own little race team, we just picked up a 20' enclosed trailer, and we're getting our kart racing stuff put back together to field a 3 kart team at some larger events next year. While we do that, the goal is to build a race car eventually, mainly my brother and I. But since I don't currently have a race car, I can't get the licenses I need for competition just yet, and most car owners don't like to get other drivers in amateur series. I've had plenty of offers, but never anything solid enough for me to actually get on track.

An SCCA GT3 car or a NASA ECHC H1 car would be nice to build though...

For H1, could you imagine a 1G CRX with a B20/VTEC and 11" 4 pot brakes? :naughty:
Old 07-06-2003, 08:22 AM
BTLFED
I eat paint chips.

Yeah I know how the lack of funds go. That is why it took me 7 years to get my CRX where it is now. I think go-kart racing would be really fun. I just can't fund my CRX addiction, my Datsun 510 addiction, my Jet Ski addiction, and a go kart.

That CRX you are talking about would scare the hell out of me! :thumbup: