Notices

More ZC opinions

Old 07-06-2003, 06:10 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to run at VIR, going to have to depend on whether I have some good rubber on the car by then though...
Old 07-07-2003, 10:02 AM
JSpecMugen

Originally posted by 1stGenCRXer
hehe, that CRX would be as close to my kart as I could get in a car form. The current menace in our garage is a 100cc Yamaha kart making 21 HP, with a single 5" disk in the rear with 2 pot calipers, and dual 3.5" disk in the front with single pot calipers, [the other two are rear disk only, at the moment ]with a 300 lb. race weight [including driver], along with 11" worth of slick racing rubber up front, and 15" worth in the rear. I figure if I move on to another racing series, I may as well move UP in performance, speed, braking wise at least. Still kind hard to beat 1.1 lateral G's a kart can make.
Gotta love the 1.1's I have a Rotax 125cc Yamaha, has something around 28hp @ 15,000 with a top speed of about 75mph. Sick. I have the crossdrilled 5" brake in the rear but nothing up front Local Kart shop told me $600+ for the setup.

My point standings in PKRA (Phoenix, AZ) are pretty shitty... Got all these young whippersnappers beating the shit outta me!

All hail the 250KTs :fawk: :fawk: That's a lot of power for a 300lbs chassis.... Too bad they're outlawed all around here...

ANYWAYS.....
Old 07-07-2003, 01:44 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Heh, I'm one of those young guns.

I started racing karts full-season when I was 12, moved up to 2-cycle when I was 16, and have been doing quite well with the little 0.1's

BTW, I measured the brakes, I was a bit off. I'm running a 6.5" slotted disk in the rear, and 5" brakes up front :thumbup: It whoas even faster than it goes.

Also, the V-twin 250 shifters are the latest crazy class in Europe. I have a hard enough time getting twin 8" slicks to hook up coming out of a hairpin with just 100cc's, lol.
Old 07-07-2003, 01:50 PM
JSpecMugen

Originally posted by 1stGenCRXer
Heh, I'm one of those young guns.

I started racing karts full-season when I was 12, moved up to 2-cycle when I was 16, and have been doing quite well with the little 0.1's

BTW, I measured the brakes, I was a bit off. I'm running a 6.5" slotted disk in the rear, and 5" brakes up front :thumbup: It whoas even faster than it goes.

Also, the V-twin 250 shifters are the latest crazy class in Europe. I have a hard enough time getting twin 8" slicks to hook up coming out of a hairpin with just 100cc's, lol.
mmmm V-twin 250's. That's some hair on your balls. =)

I'm 21 and on my 3rd season. I used to race a different class back in eastern canada. When I got to AZ, I sold a 100cc and got in to this stock class side of things. Rotax works out pretty good because everyone's level as far as speed is concerned. Good stuff on the breaks. I've just got less and less time with this stuff between the job and working on my ef.

Anyways.... nice we crashed the thread like this
Old 07-07-2003, 02:03 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

I'm also 21, but most of the guys I race against are former Solo Champs, and other racing series who can drive very fast, but just got tired of the travel. During race season I usually hit up the gym pretty good and attack every lap, everyone makes mistakes if you can pressure them long enough
Originally posted by JSpecMugen
Anyways.... nice we crashed the thread like this
That's alright, it's my thread