Notices

More ZC opinions

Old 07-06-2003, 08:44 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by BTLFED
That CRX you are talking about would scare the hell out of me! :thumbup:
hehe, that CRX would be as close to my kart as I could get in a car form. The current menace in our garage is a 100cc Yamaha kart making 21 HP, with a single 5" disk in the rear with 2 pot calipers, and dual 3.5" disk in the front with single pot calipers, [the other two are rear disk only, at the moment ]with a 300 lb. race weight [including driver], along with 11" worth of slick racing rubber up front, and 15" worth in the rear. I figure if I move on to another racing series, I may as well move UP in performance, speed, braking wise at least. Still kind hard to beat 1.1 lateral G's a kart can make.
Old 07-06-2003, 08:50 AM
BTLFED
I eat paint chips.

Originally posted by 1stGenCRXer
hehe, that CRX would be as close to my kart as I could get in a car form. The current menace in our garage is a 100cc Yamaha kart making 21 HP, with a single 5" disk in the rear with 2 pot calipers, and dual 3.5" disk in the front with single pot calipers, [the other two are rear disk only, at the moment ]with a 300 lb. race weight [including driver], along with 11" worth of slick racing rubber up front, and 15" worth in the rear. I figure if I move on to another racing series, I may as well move UP in performance, speed, braking wise at least. Still kind hard to beat 1.1 lateral G's a kart can make.
w00T!! I wanna drive it!:naughty:
Old 07-06-2003, 08:56 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

w00T!! I wanna drive it!:naughty:
So do I

Right now all three karts are down to have the engine's freshened up and updated [should be able to move up to around 25 or so HP ], and converted to axle clutches [more consistant, less maintainence, more positive engagement, just... better]. And between the 3 karts, we really only have 1 complete set of tires that isn't showing cords, which is why we haven't been racing for a season or two. Race slicks for karts are almost as much as R-tires for cars
Old 07-06-2003, 09:01 AM
brtecson
pukimonster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

so lemme get this straight..... you participated in a contest of speed on the street:thinking:

:bigok: .... gotta do it once in a while. especially when its a kid that thinks he ownz the streets
Old 07-06-2003, 09:10 AM
BTLFED
I eat paint chips.

Originally posted by 1stGenCRXer
So do I

Right now all three karts are down to have the engine's freshened up and updated [should be able to move up to around 25 or so HP ], and converted to axle clutches [more consistant, less maintainence, more positive engagement, just... better]. And between the 3 karts, we really only have 1 complete set of tires that isn't showing cords, which is why we haven't been racing for a season or two. Race slicks for karts are almost as much as R-tires for cars
WOW! That is a lot of money for Kart tires! I wanna drive it when its done.:thumbup:
Old 07-06-2003, 10:23 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Originally posted by brtecson
so lemme get this straight..... you participated in a contest of speed on the street:thinking:

:bigok: .... gotta do it once in a while. especially when its a kid that thinks he ownz the streets
Yeah, yeah, I did. There's my quota for the year.

The kid wasn't cocky or anything, after I pulled him, he figured I'd get him off the line too, but again, the carbs weren't quite right, and I bogged it off the line. Oh well, can't win them all.
Old 07-06-2003, 10:26 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

WOW! That is a lot of money for Kart tires! I wanna drive it when its done.:thumbup:
Yeah, it is a lot of money. We haven't been in a big hurry though because when we packed it up after the last race we ran we were dominating every week. Now the regulars at the track have found some speed, so it's challenging again. As for the drive... we tend to be pretty open about giving test drives, but we don't travel for them, heh.
Old 07-06-2003, 03:28 PM
BTLFED
I eat paint chips.

Well I am not that far from you, next time I am on my way to Maryland I will have to stop by!
Old 07-06-2003, 03:30 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Heh, the karts are in Hampton, it's not really on the way to Maryland from Georgia, but you'd be welcome to stop by.
Old 07-06-2003, 03:34 PM
BTLFED
I eat paint chips.

I go through Virginia when my fiance and I go to Maryland, so it can't be that complicated. What, do I have to make an extra left?