Notices

ZC or B16A1??????

Old 07-02-2003, 06:38 PM
BTLFED
I eat paint chips.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by FourthGenHatch
I heard they were making one but I never heard it was out yet. Jackson Racing sucks anyway, I wouldn't buy any Supercharger unless it was Vortech.
Screw that, I have heard too many people having problems with that "axle" that goes across the engine bay and the bearings in that assembly. Not that I would go with Jackson either. I'll stick with my turbo.
Old 07-02-2003, 06:39 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Wait a minute, look what it says...

" All Any ZC 989-110"

It looks to me like the kind that replaces the intake manifold (and I don't see how you would squeeze it into the engine bay in any other way). I know for a FACT that SOHC and DOHC ZC intake manifolds don't even have the same bolt pattern. So how can it fit all of them :bs:
Old 07-02-2003, 06:48 PM
BTLFED
I eat paint chips.

Wait a minute, look what it says...

" All Any ZC 989-110"

It looks to me like the kind that replaces the intake manifold (and I don't see how you would squeeze it into the engine bay in any other way). I know for a FACT that SOHC and DOHC ZC intake manifolds don't even have the same bolt pattern. So how can it fit all of them :bs:
All Jackson Chargers replace the intake manifold, and when I talked to them before I knew better about it they said they were only going to make it for the DOHC ZC. Nopi (Not One Part Inside lol) lists it to as: JACKSON S-Charger ZC Engine DOHC non-VTEC 88-98 Part Number: 229+0003. They are closer lol!h:
Old 07-02-2003, 07:22 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Ahhh the Phantom Super Charger.
Old 07-02-2003, 07:27 PM
BTLFED
I eat paint chips.

Ahhh the Phantom Super Charger.
Like I said, I'll stick to my turbo.
Old 07-02-2003, 07:34 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

running too much boost on a d series engine is bad as the axle design (one long axle and one short one) is not made for such high torque applications...the b series trannies are much better b/c of the int shaft

if you want 200hp n/a (no forced induction or nitrous) i'd suggest starting with higher displacement in a b18b as they are affordable...when you get more money together you can get a dohc vtec head some cams and lots of bolt ons and you'll be knocking on 200whp in na mode yet still streetable
Old 07-03-2003, 08:42 AM
WhiteRice

You can use a 92-95 civic JRSC on a ZC. THere's an adapter plate that TOO makes. www.theoldone.com My brother has one on his ZC.

I'd say go w/the ZC but I'm biased!!!!!! You can still turbo it w/the $2000+ left over after you buy the engine.
Old 07-03-2003, 11:26 AM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Originally posted by jaje
running too much boost on a d series engine is bad as the axle design (one long axle and one short one) is not made for such high torque applications...the b series trannies are much better b/c of the int shaft

if you want 200hp n/a (no forced induction or nitrous) i'd suggest starting with higher displacement in a b18b as they are affordable...when you get more money together you can get a dohc vtec head some cams and lots of bolt ons and you'll be knocking on 200whp in na mode yet still streetable
ZCs have an intermediate shaft. But I believe you have to have the ZC tranny to make it work. I know mine does and its great.
Old 07-03-2003, 11:37 AM
WhiteRice

Yeah, you have to have the ZC tranny to get that little bonus....which I don't have, so that means tons of torque steer for me!!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2003, 01:51 PM
static

IU would get the b16a. It is not as cheap as the zc but it is still preety cheap. Also the b16 seems to have way more aftermarket parts that are EZ to find. It seems hard to find aftermarket parts for the zc. If I am wrong about the aftermarket parts being hard to find about the zc give me a website or something cause im looking for an engine swap also.