Notices

car not starting

Old 06-30-2003, 07:06 PM
hornetracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP FAST NO START PROBLEM

I just swapped a new motor in my car all stock. The car will not start. The ecu light is flashing very fast to fast for code just contiuously and same for the check engine light there is no spark or fuel press. I have already swapped the main 7 pin relay because it was clicking at the same rate as the lights still does it, it cranks fine is there any wierd grounds that i forgot MUST HAVE DONE BY THURSDAY AM PLEASE HELP, THANKS. ( the car did this once before but started later)
Old 06-30-2003, 07:18 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Does the car have power? If so pull the hazard fuse to reset the ECU. And then try it.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:38 AM
crxb16er

first things first check reset the ecu, check which codes are flashing and check those systems maybe u forgot a wiring harness connection or its not on all the way, if ur starter isnt kicking than that is its own problems, check starter system, if its a gas fuel air issue with the engine turning just not turning over all the way then uve got plenty of small things to start checking.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:01 AM
matt j
midwest corn killer

check to make sure that the car does have power, when my buddies car was dead the main relay just clicked fast as hell. just check to make sure you have power
Old 07-01-2003, 04:30 PM
hornetracer

The car turns over great and, I have reset the ecu, just wondering were all I should have power out of the ecu, AND WERE ARE ALL THE GROUNDS FOR THE ENGINE.OR ECU GROUNDS THANKS give me any ideas, I will check anything just poor it on me thanks.
Old 07-01-2003, 05:33 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Originally posted by hornetracer
AND WERE ARE ALL THE GROUNDS FOR THE ENGINE.OR ECU GROUNDS THANKS give me any ideas,
Were? Do you mean Where?

There are 3 stock grounds...

-Metal above headlight to valve cover
-Negative bat cable to body to tranny
-Themostat