Notices

B16a 1 nos or turbo

Old 06-25-2003, 08:36 PM
jpdrag-on

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B16a 1 nos or turbo

Hey guys i'm trying to see wich one of them would be better to put on a civic 89 hb with a b16a1 and i need help with this .
Old 06-25-2003, 08:54 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Repeat after me.

Nitrous

Oxide.

Not NOS, NOZZ, NAAWWWS, etc. NOS (pronounced En Oh Ess) is a company, Nitrous Oxide Systems, that manufactures and distributes, you guessed it, nitrous oxide systems. It's kinda like refering to RC Cola, Pepsi, and Sam's Choice Cola as Coke.

That aside, a turbo system is better. Why? Because you don't have a bottle to refill amoung other things. Also, when you properly build up an engine to run with nitrous, it really isn't a whole lot cheaper then a turbo kit. Laughing gas is a very dangerous thing to those who are not very familiar with it, many engines have been wasted by improper set-up, however the same goes for turbos.
Old 06-26-2003, 07:17 AM
crucial Si
Banned

NAWZ yO
Old 06-27-2003, 10:29 AM
crxtazy

Spray all the way!
Old 06-27-2003, 11:27 AM
matt j
midwest corn killer

im gunna say boost on this one, alot more reliable than nitrous, and you can create more power with boost also.

better yet, NAWZ and boost would be the shizznit yO!
Old 06-27-2003, 12:51 PM
OddyseusDSM

drop compression .5 then get a nice turbo setup and a nitrus intercool spray and you'll be set. and you use both. but that aside just turbo the damn thing.

BTW - friend with a camero, 3 engines in like maybe a year all due to nitrus, hell the last engine he blew sent a piston through the hood (probly highreving)
Old 06-28-2003, 01:06 PM
crxb16er

depends on what work u want to put into it, if ur willing to take apart the block, install forged lower compression pistons new forged rods and actually make a good turbo setup id say turbo, if u want cheaper power to be used on a less regular occasion id say get a msd system retard ur timing a bit get colder plugs and run n2o. depends on what kinda car u want to build. this isnt an issue of what is better, the best setup would be with both. but regardless it depends on how much money ur willing to spend and what u want to build.
Old 06-29-2003, 09:18 PM
Dead_Poet
Banned

All I am going to say is REAL MEN DONT SUCK BOTTLES.
Old 06-30-2003, 01:02 PM
crxb16er

Originally posted by Dead_Poet
All I am going to say is REAL MEN DONT SUCK BOTTLES.
this is such a dumb statement, no offense dead_poet but nitrous is a very simple and efficient way to increase ur hp exactly when u want to, just do not expect it to run on a stock car without problems for an extended period of time, u should have a set up much like that of a turbo with a reinforced bottom end as well as colder plugs and a good ignition system to prevent detonation. a turbo wastes more gas and costs alot more money to install, and requires much more time to tune. with the right amount of money i would gladly do both to my car but on a limited budget id choose nitrous any day.
Old 06-30-2003, 01:04 PM
crxb16er

but to argue ur point if u want the car to constantly have that extra hp then a turbo can be more ideal for ur situation, i want a normal daily driver with a punch when needed for those building an all out autocross car nitrous would be out of the questions and a turbo would be ur way to go. so it all depends on what ur looking to build, both can cost a pretty penny done right.