Notices

Use of moster tachs?

Old 06-25-2003, 12:54 PM
HatchVX
Driving a Turbo 2L Terror

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can u just get a set of Guage faces that might have a higer rpm on them?? The gradents should stay the same just the tach coudl be higher. Im not sure. I just know i have never like the so called "monster Tach"
Old 06-25-2003, 02:35 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally posted by HatchVX
Can u just get a set of Guage faces that might have a higer rpm on them?? The gradents should stay the same just the tach coudl be higher. Im not sure. I just know i have never like the so called "monster Tach"
No, the tach will (should) stop at 8k, kinda like maxing out a speedo.
Old 06-25-2003, 06:15 PM
AwwsChwA

Originally posted by Kai
It would just make me nervous to have an engine that revs higher then my tach does.
Dude, you won't be revving past your tach. You said the Bshitsteen revs to 8,200. Right? And you said your tach goes to 8k. Right? So, shift it at 8k when you're racing. If that extra 200 RPM really means that much, run the tach up to 8k, listen for the engine to go just a tiny bit higher, and then shift.
Old 06-26-2003, 06:37 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally posted by AwwsChwA
Dude, you won't be revving past your tach.
No, but I do like having a little space at the top of the gauge as opposed to reving it to the top and guessing where the redline is. Basically the same reason the 85mph speedo law of years past failed so miserably, sure 95% of the time you're not driving above 85, but when you are... who knows how fast you're going.

I'm just looking for a functional and not-so-hidiously-gay way to have a 9k tach like most DOHC VTEC cars have. I don't WANT a monster tach, I just want a guage that accurately shows my redline with a nice buffer above. I'm just trying to stir up some alternative ideas here, like that shift light one.

I won't even ask what your problem with the B16 is.
Old 06-26-2003, 06:53 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Originally posted by Kai
I won't even ask what your problem with the B16 is.
He's only dealt with them in piggish 2g CRX's, he doesn't understand the '84-87 love
Old 02-08-2004, 10:30 PM
Pharmacist
Street Corner

come on now... first of to call the b16 names is just plain rude, is it my fav engine no but any honda engine is a serious machine. i am not a huge fan of the b16 like i said because of torque, in fact i am not really a big fan of vtec, but if i was given a b16 i would take one with the quickness. im a b18a type of person but that doesnt mean i act like a stupid little kid that just jumped into the import scene dogging everything else i mean for example: i cant stand when little rich boys get their first import and they are sitting there talking all this junk about domestic cars, talking junk about camaros (which i cant stand but respect), cavalier and neons and its like yo those are machines all of them some stronger then others some faster then others but a machine none the less and respect the effort. Now if the car is done up stupid (wht you guys would call rice (and by the way i hate that word just because most people dont know the root of it and if you did most wouldnt use it but thats a whole nother topic)) then yeah talk junk about little johnny or little bobby but leave the damn cavalier alone cuz damn yo it aint her fault she has a stupid ass owner right?) anyway my point is why talk isht about engines and cars your just sounding like one of those little kids that just jumped on the import scene. oh and 1stgencrxer i respect 1gens seriously i mean the car is not as good lookin as 2gens but yall, well some of yall put them together nicely and that deserves respect but tell me would you like me to talk isht about your children? (dont know if you have children or not but if you dont, use your imagination) no you probably wouldnt right.... well trust me neither does the first gen crx and that is why me and my baby (my 2ndgen) would never talk isht about our parents. come on now its either your a car person or your not know what i mean?
Old 02-08-2004, 10:33 PM
Pharmacist
Street Corner

sorry i put very little punctuation in the last post (i am pharmacy major not a english major) and maybe my fingers slipt here and there and i didnt type things out right (i spend my free time working on my car and the b16 hagning in the garage not on the internet)
Old 02-08-2004, 10:42 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by Pharmacist
*.*
:eh: Talk about a dead thread, I remember when I almost got that sweet B16A deal, then it fell through.

Then that stupid b*tch said she still had it and tried to sell it to me again in October, four monthes later, right after I got my new RX up and running. Told her to p*ss off. :chuckles:

Sold the Civic for $700 not but a week ago.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:05 AM
h22avid
Sleeper...Creeper...

I didn't read this whole thread so I'm not sure if this was already suggested but.... If you want a tach and are concerned about the riceyness of a 5 incher than get a f***ing tach just not a 5 incher.... they do make other sizes
Old 02-09-2004, 06:16 AM
ZiviCase10287
RacinMasonC

Kill thread :closed: