Notices

91 CRX door handles

Old 06-14-2003, 08:45 PM
rexerin
beep! beep!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 CRX door handles

so i have this project CRX, a 91 Si, and its going to be painted in the next few weeks.

i want to do something about the unpainted black plastic door handles, so i'm thinking of having them painted with the rest of the car, but i have concerns that the paint may chip because it will be on plastic and the door handles get a lot of use.

any thoughts, ideas, suggestions??

has anyone had their door handles painted and had a good (or bad) experience with it?

thanks...
Old 06-15-2003, 07:40 AM
doIhaveBDIs
Banned

i don't know, but i would have it done if ur having all the black moldings painted also....

are you getting the whole car painted erin? like door jams and engine bay?

this is what i want my rex to look like when i get it painted, not sure if i want it white thoe...maybe?

and erin...do u know how much it is to get ur car painted? im really interested, becuase i want to get my little bit of rust fixed and couple dents pulled then everything painted, except the engine bay until i get a swap..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
danny\'sold crx.jpg (127.7 KB, 55 views)
Old 06-15-2003, 07:55 AM
crxb16er

yah u can use some sand paper and interior plastic primer to make sure the paint doesnt crack off, it is available at any local autoparts store, i did my entire interior, some day ill have the exterior done.
Old 06-15-2003, 06:04 PM
rexerin
beep! beep!

i don't know how much it will be yet, and i am not sure if i want to do a color change or not on the car... right now most of the car is white. the front clip is all black and the driver's door is red, but the engine bay, door jambs, etc are all white.

so i've considered prelude white or white with a blue flake so i don't have to bother with the door jambs and engine bay, but i also like the s2000 blue and the JDM gunmetal color of my spoiler... i'm mostly waiting to see what the price difference will be to make my decision. my plan is to paint the door handles and the black plastic around the bottom of the car and leave the other molding black... but we'll see, i'm not quite to that point yet...
Old 06-15-2003, 06:53 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

What about Championship White like the Type-Rs had? That is my favorite white. It was also the color used on all the traditional Honda Race Cars.
Old 06-15-2003, 07:01 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

Championship white is getting over done. A lot of people have it now.

If you're worried about the paint chipping, look at the 5th and 6th gens. Theirs are painted. You do get some scratching, but for the most part, it's not bad.
Old 06-16-2003, 04:29 AM
excitid

If its prepped the right way you'll have no problems but if not it will chip and flake and look terrible. It happened to me when I told the piant shop not to paint trim they did and its been peeling since winter.