Notices

Soon my 87 Si will be all brand new..

Old 06-13-2003, 08:49 AM
klowndwarf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure yet the damage, I began disassembly yesterday then it started raining like hell so of course I had to find something else to do. Maybe today will be better and I'll have some info to post. Its hard to tell whats gone wrong yet, but the head is coming off and I'll be taking the head apart for complete inspection.

btw, anyone know a place to get a performance cam for under $200US, I could go that route instead of the stock one for about 120. have to check ebay still. remember this is for a D15A3, so I expect there to be not many places beyond the junkyard to find one. I'll have a look around but I'll more than likely put a stock brand new one in.
Old 06-13-2003, 11:15 PM
Gasoline Fumes
Automotive Enthusiast

Originally posted by klowndwarf
btw, anyone know a place to get a performance cam for under $200US, I could go that route instead of the stock one for about 120. have to check ebay still. remember this is for a D15A3, so I expect there to be not many places beyond the junkyard to find one. I'll have a look around but I'll more than likely put a stock brand new one in.
Both Webcam and Gude make camshafts for your engine.
http://www.webcamshafts.com/
http://www.gude.com/
Old 06-14-2003, 05:05 AM
klowndwarf

Thanks alot! I wish i did have the money to get one though. I barely (if at all) have enough to take care of whats wrong now. which is what i've been doing for 2 months, livin paycheck to paycheck. looks like it'll have to be stock, but at least brand new :thumbup:
Old 06-14-2003, 09:59 AM
klowndwarf

Ok so scratch that last thought. After removing my head this morning and takin it apart I have a ruined head, and one bent exhaust valve. My classes start tuesday next week so I unfortunatly will have zero time and definetly no damn money to finish this car. If you or anyone wants an 87 Crx Si with too many brand new parts to list that needs only a complete head, and a head gasket and intake gasket DO NOT HESITATE to make offers. I'll be posting this same sale on a bunch of other sites and possibly even ebay also. I love this car to death, and for the two days it ran its best before the camshaft shit it was very fast compared to the day i drove it off (about 4x as fast!). For All those inquiring about purchasing this car I will provide complete information on absolutly everything I have done, and all that I have seen while doing it. If I had the time and money to deal with it your damn skippy I'd do it, but alas I do not. I'm gonna have to get another car asap so i can get to work and school and back reliably. have fun!