Notices

Horrible night last night

Old 06-07-2003, 08:27 AM
crxb16er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horrible night last night

first of all, driving down a 2 lane 55 mph road in the right hand lane, with a police officer in the left hand lane about 2 car lengths behind me no other cars around we're cruising at normal speeds, and all of a sudden a truck pulls out in front of me at an intersection, so in order to avoid it i swerve left into the lane of the police officer, (luckily they see the situation and lock up their brakes [those police cruisers stop pretty quickly for their bulky size]), but by swerving i lose control, the car fishtails with the back end sliding forward on the right side of me so i jerk the wheel to the right to correct the slide, but of course i corrected too much so the back end fishtails again, this time with the front of the car going right and the back end swinging left the car does a 180 and finally i come to a stop looking at the police car. WILD RIDE i tell u, I'm very thankful for my front and rear strut and sway bars, which performed wonderfully, and my 205/40/r15 tires which had great traction given the situation. THE good thing is the officer immediately pulled over the truck after just making sure i was ok, let me go without even asking for registration, license, etc... My foot was shaking over my clutch petal the entire ride to my mom's house.
THEN as i drive up to my mom's house (to pick up a bbq for a party im having today) i hear what sounds like a knocking sound. my car never knocks pings or detonates so i was like WTF. but dont think nemore of it, pick up the grill, chat with my mom for half an hour and then start driving to my house, all of a sudden i notice my heat levels are out of control, like above the red line, so i immediately pull over, pop the hood and check out the situation, I HAVE no pressure to the upper radiator hood so im like WTF did the radiator cap not function correctly and blow out all my fluid or enough to create this situation (got a new radiator cap about a week ago). so i wait until it cools down (about 20 minutes) and drive it to the nearest gas station, pop the hood again and start filling er up with water, immediately (and this scared me more than the WILD RIDE i just had) i start seeing antifreeze PORING down the side of my transmission like a fountain? and at this point im like SH!T WTF HAPPENED TO MY CAR, i was afraid that the block had cracked somehow which would mean the end of my b16, after careful examination it was the block to heater hose, and it had LITERALLY Burst completely off the block, hind sight told me this was that "knock" i had heard earlier. by this time it was 9 pm and all autoparts stores were closing except for one 24 hour autozone which didnt have the correct part in stock, so i went in the back of the store and compared my F'ed up hose to what theyve got back there and finally found one that sorta matched up, minus 2 angles which i just bent out, borrowed a pair of pliers and installed it, drove home when i drive onto my street the hose blew off from the pressure hitting the incorrectly bent angles so radiator water all over my street and driveway, wasnt even gonna pull the car up into my garage and mess up my floor. just left it steaming there and went inside and went to bed. SO. horrible night for me, got the correct part on order and it should be here on sunday. SORRY SO LONG HAD TO VENT.
Old 06-07-2003, 09:00 AM
A97integ
incognito

that sucks...........sorry, at least you didnt crash your car.. and your ok...............
Old 06-07-2003, 09:07 AM
crxb16er

car will be fine once i get the wheels realigned and that hose fixed and new coolant back in the system, and a few beers will always calm me down
Old 06-07-2003, 09:10 AM
A97integ
incognito

good call on the beers!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2003, 09:11 AM
A97integ
incognito

:cheers:
Old 06-07-2003, 02:05 PM
crxb16er

the good thing is today is my housewarming party cuz i just bought a new house, so thats why i was going over to my moms house to pick up her bbq, and i already bought 3 30 packs of beer so i'm calm now, getting ready to leave work to fire up the grill, ive got about 30 ppl who are supposed to be coming so probably only 20 will show, but ive got 30 lbs of hamburger 4 packs of hot dogs, 7 bags of chips, ive got 2 poker tables set up, 50 cent max bet on one 2 dollar max bet on the other, good fun i tell u, crx is still parked in the front, dont want to pull it into the garage until its fixed probably tomorrow.
Old 06-08-2003, 06:37 PM
BTLFED
I eat paint chips.

Damn I wish you lived in Georgia! I would have come!
Old 06-08-2003, 08:54 PM
A97integ
incognito

yeah i would have come too!!...i just bought a house too thats sweet
Old 06-09-2003, 12:11 AM
jung4g
Asianalize your car

DAMN MAN--- SUCks.

Similar thing happened to me once, only no cop involved. I was driving with my business partner in his MX6 (92) and we were cruising down the highway (4-laner) and I was in the 2nd from the left. Chick in front of me has a trailor load of crap, loosely tied down. I didn't want to be behind her so I was checking the far left lane to merge, when all of sudden, my buddy yells LOOK OUT!! I look forward to see a 30 gallon Rubbermaid bin fly out of the trailor and fall in the road right in front of us. With traffic on the right, I swerve left, tail was late, I tried to straighten out and the tail came around hard spun me left hard. I ended up 4 lanes over, Facing traffic!! It was a miracle I didn't hit anyone since it was during rush hour. Turns out the 150 lbs. of tools we carry in the trunk have a big effect on Oversteer. Well the car was fine, we were both very shaken up, and the chick didn't stop for about a mile for a reason unknown. I stopped and she was like, "did you see my bin?" which turned out to be empty anyway, and I said "yeah I pulled it into the ditch way back there, you're lucky as hell we didn't hit it." I was too shaken up to yell any more...

Sorry about the hoses too, that's such a hassle...

Jung
Old 06-09-2003, 11:03 AM
WhiteRice

Max bets/!?!?!? What?!? That sucks!!!