Notices

trading the crx 4 a talon

Old 06-04-2003, 09:40 PM
StickyHydro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trading the crx 4 a talon

Im considering trading my 89 Crx Dx auto, for a 95 talon esi. The talon has a rebuilt motor, cold ac, doesn't look to bad, its lowered, and its a 5 spd. Do you think I should trade or is the esi's a hunk of junk? I deliver pizzas for a living, and my honda has been wonderful.
Old 06-05-2003, 02:51 PM
excitid

I'll be honest with you even if its an even trade I would say don't go for it, save up for that zc and do the auto to manual conversion. You will love that rex more and more the faster you make it the more addictive it becomes. I had an hf with a zc and it was heaven then I sold the zc went to a a6 with boost and loved it till it blew up. The only reason I sold it was to get another honda. Bottom line is Hondas are the shit and you already have one of best ever built and with that conversion and swap you'll never think about trading it for anything.............:thumbup:

1 more thing, I believe you could run the zc with your auto tranny anyways and do the tranny swap later.
Old 06-05-2003, 03:51 PM
brtecson
pukimonster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

your honda will be way more reliable than that talon. i'd stick with the honda. your insurance will also go way up with the talon, along w/ gas costs
Old 06-06-2003, 12:33 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

DSM cars have a rep for weak drivelines. You can boost them (well, at least the turbo versions) to crazy power levels but the drivelines are not the strongest in the world. I personnally would not want anything that says "Eagle" on it, but that's your call. Reliability tends to vary car-by-car.

(Which model was the ESi?)
Old 06-06-2003, 12:41 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

keep the honda as its been reliable and you know the car
Old 06-07-2003, 09:31 AM
veen
Seņor Member

F*** esi, maybe if it was a tsi you could consider, but stay with the H
Old 06-07-2003, 10:03 AM
crxb16er

the esi is heavy and doesnt have much power, so looking at weight/hp, the honda wins hands down for weight distribution. the talon is a newer car though so may have nicer trim and body and accessories, like cold a/c, my crx is just for me it has one seat noone else drives in it and i want it because its cheap reliable and easy for me to fix, decide what u want a car for and choose for urself accordingly