Notices

chevy 350 in a crx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-04-2003, 07:31 PM
wesvr4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chevy 350 in a crx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alright here is the deal i own a nonworking 86 crx (which i paid 200 bucs for and i dont give a shit about it) i just wanted a project car but i can only get the power i want with a b20 and that is not an option (to much damn money i hate the friggin honda market) anyways i had an idea.... my buddy owns a performance and fab shop and he has an extra 350 lying around ...... so my mind got to wondering if i chunk that pos d15 engine out of the crx (no offense but there is no way in hell you can make power out of that thing) and build a firewall behind the 2 seats and cut the hell out of the back and put in a rollcage. after that drop a 350 in there with a autotranny and a ford 9 inch. im sure the wheel well would have to be cut and moved back to have enough room for the tranny and everything (this is not a problem thanks again to my buddy) i would love your suggestions on anything i have said. please dont flame me and im sorry if i hurt anybodys feelings saying that about your engines (i also dont care about proper grammer either )

maybe the pic well make a little bit bette sense but i did it in like 3 seconds so there is a lot to be tweaked out
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
crx.bmp (23.4 KB, 83 views)
Old 06-04-2003, 07:45 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

It's been done before. If it was actually that great more people would be doing it. But you have to hack up so much of the car I doubt its really that stable anymore.
Old 06-04-2003, 07:54 PM
wesvr4

roll cages and chassis supports my friend and lots of it
Old 06-04-2003, 09:17 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Well go for it. What are you asking us for then.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:03 AM
brtecson
pukimonster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

correct me if i'm wrong, but i dont think that you could fit an engine, tranny, and rear end if the engine is mounted longitudeally[is that even a word?]. the whole assembly is too long.

if you were to do a midship conversion, i think that the engine would have to be mounted transversly, with a rear transaxle of some sort
Old 06-05-2003, 01:05 AM
brtecson
pukimonster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

and by the way, my friends are converting a 96 eclipse to rwd. they're planning on using some v6 and i forgot what rear end.

when the conversion is done, i'll post pics in the basement
Old 06-05-2003, 06:51 AM
crxb16er

it can be done, of course it will be a complete custom job, neone have pics of the crx that they put the nsx engine in the rear and did a custom axle job on the rear end, front end was hollowed out and it had a custom roll cage and crunch bars inserted on the front end, it was an awesome show car dont remember the times it got on the track., try doing a search for it on google or something or maybe someone else will have the link.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:30 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

The 350 thing with a RWD conversion has been done. It doesn't leave room for a hood, and the rear is all jacked in the air... but yeah, been done on a second Gen CRX. The first gen CRX has a shorter wheelbase and a lower mounted gas tank, so it's going to really be ramped in the air.

I'm *only* making about 145 crank HP on my D15, but I also daily drive it, and find it plenty

EDIT: I just looked at that picture, you might want to do a lot of measuring to believe, but there's no where near enough room to put a 350 in the back of a first gen CRX in that configuration.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:58 PM
wesvr4

wow finally some feedback from somebody that knows these cars
well are there any others you suggest ( i kinda wanted it in the back)
Old 06-05-2003, 08:02 PM
wesvr4

not even with this tranny
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
56492345.jpg (11.7 KB, 169 views)