Notices

What kind of tools are u guys using?

Old 06-03-2003, 04:59 PM
crxb16er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What kind of tools are u guys using?

ive got a decent set of craftsman tools from sears and a good amount of stuff from ace because they also have lifetime warrantees so when u break them, get jb weld on them, get a bolt ripped off inside of them u just take them back and they give u a brand new replacement right there. what kind of tools do you guys use on your cars? the only socket wrenches i have yet to break are my craftsman and ace ones, all others have not stood up to my abuse.
Old 06-03-2003, 05:04 PM
excitid

craftsman and a shitload of random sockets and ratchets from all the parts stores..
Old 06-03-2003, 05:05 PM
jasen
New Comer

I use alot of air tools and Craftsman wrenches for stuff air can't get. They are good and the bolts break before you'd ever break the wrenches.
Old 06-04-2003, 05:45 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

craftsman

my sister just got a job at sears so im gonna be utilizin her 20% discount and buyin more more more tools, maybe some air tools as well.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:21 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

I use mostly all Craftsman. I just picked up a 600ft-lbs Impact Wrench from there today. I have sockets in pretty much every size or drive. I have every tool I've needed to do anything that has been done to my car.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:26 PM
b_dyche
owned by a 9 car pile-up

I use my (limited) selection of Craftsman here at the house... I use my gf's dad's seemingly unlimited Craftsman tools at their house...

I have Craftsman tools that my step-grandpa gave to me when he got a toolkit that overlapped some tools... and those are 50+ years old & still look & work like new... :thumbup:
Old 06-05-2003, 04:04 AM
Bogatyr

For hand tools, I use Craftsman. They wear well and you can't beat the guarantee. When there is a craftsman club sale the price is good too. For power tools, I'll stick with Milwaukee or DeWalt. Air tools? Ingersoll Rand.
Bogatyr
Old 06-05-2003, 07:20 AM
crxb16er

yah ive got a dewalt impact wrench/driver, dewalt recipricating saw, and angle grinder, and 2 firestone cordless drills, one 14.4 amps and one 24 amp, firestone orital and umm "side to side" sander, delta stand up grinder, and desktop delta sander, i have generic air tools but i havent broken them yet so... they'll do for now, mvp jacks, jackstands and engine hoist. im walking back and forth to my garage as i post this. and some really REALLY old arch welder, this thing is just a metal box with some power cables coming out, but it works great for the applications i put it up to. brink and cotton vices and presses, a bunch of vice grips and wrenches by stanley (very good brand also, lifetime warrantee) and tin snips, bolt cutters, and pliers be some company called wiss? and all my precision equipment ie taps/dies micrometers etc are by starrett.

and then ive got a black and decker 12 amp cordless set for my gf to use, drill, flashlight, recipricating saw, circular saw. cuz she's not allowed to use my other tools cuz i dont want her to hurt herself so i a set for her to use.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:26 AM
schwanginpt
Nadene will Return

i don't personally have any tools of my own, except for a Snap-On ratchet screwdriver cause I'm still living at home, and my dad's got a crapload of tools. i would say 85-90% of his stuff is Snap-On, with the rest being Craftsman. I don't know what his air-tools are though. but i loves me some Snap-On. :thumbup: Craftsman is good too
Old 06-05-2003, 10:23 AM
mullinator

I rely on Home Depot "Husky"-brand tools, primarily. The sockets and wrenches are "side grabbers" rather than "corner grabbers", resulting in fewer roundoffs. They're also _very_ well built. My flare nut wrench set is almost too pretty to use! I do have difficulty finding metric tools, though, but that's also the case w/ Craftsman. I think it's a "You're in bubba country now, boy" thing (Georgia). Husky has the lifetime replacement offer, too. I know from experience. (Yes, I bought a breaker bar when I was replacing my ratchet.) Personally, I would pick Husky over craftsman. -scott