Notices

Need help with DX to Si motor swap?

Old 06-03-2003, 10:51 AM
EJcivic02
I talk Before I think

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with DX to Si motor swap?

My friend has a 90 DX and has a 90 Si motor sitting at home. The Si motor is still in the original car, (car was in a rear end wreck), and hes just waiting to put the Si motor in his DX.

-Is this a basic bolt up swap or is there modifications needed?
-What will we need to swap it and what kind of wiring?

Sorry if this has already been covered, never come in the 92-down forum, just need a little help. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:57 AM
crxb16er

yah pretty easy swap if u have both cars still, u are gonna have to swap over the ecu and wiring harness from the si cuz itll have mpfi, instead of dpfi, unless u want to make the adjustment for the extra injectors and add a few wires and adjust it to the ecu urself, id say swap over everything, ecu wiring harness, motor and tranny as well as axles and nuckles and hubs if u see the si are beefier. should be able to use the same mounts so no problem there direct bolt over.
Old 06-03-2003, 01:17 PM
EJcivic02
I talk Before I think

Originally posted by crxb16er
yah pretty easy swap if u have both cars still, u are gonna have to swap over the ecu and wiring harness from the si cuz itll have mpfi, instead of dpfi, unless u want to make the adjustment for the extra injectors and add a few wires and adjust it to the ecu urself, id say swap over everything, ecu wiring harness, motor and tranny as well as axles and nuckles and hubs if u see the si are beefier. should be able to use the same mounts so no problem there direct bolt over.
Alright so pretty much the ECU, wiring harness, engine, tranny, mounts, and axles. Thanks man
Old 06-03-2003, 01:39 PM
jung4g
Asianalize your car

If you have the whole parts car there, you should swap the rear suspension stuff too. You'll get rear disc brakes then. Also the put the si front sway bar on there.

Jung
Old 06-03-2003, 02:40 PM
crxb16er

yah id completely strip the si for parts, seats, keep the old engine block and tranny extra axles, everything u can remove.
Old 06-03-2003, 03:22 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

the mounts do not need to be swapped unless the dx mounts's are in bad shape
Old 06-03-2003, 06:24 PM
jlicrx

don't try to use the Si engine harness - it is not compatible with the DX chassis harness - you would have to swap in the entire Si chassis harness - you need to use the DX engine harness and do the DPFI to MPFI swap - http://www.geocities.com/teampimports/fuelinj.html
DX knuckles/hubs, mounts and axles are exactly the same as Si.
Old 06-03-2003, 07:23 PM
EJcivic02
I talk Before I think

Originally posted by jlicrx
don't try to use the Si engine harness - it is not compatible with the DX chassis harness - you would have to swap in the entire Si chassis harness - you need to use the DX engine harness and do the DPFI to MPFI swap - http://www.geocities.com/teampimports/fuelinj.html
DX knuckles/hubs, mounts and axles are exactly the same as Si.
Wow, well that pretty much makes it as easy as possible now. Ill just print that off and take it with me. Thanks.