Notices

4g dx - b16 wiring problems

Old 05-26-2003, 11:29 PM
FlipCyd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4g dx - b16 wiring problems

I'm droppin in a b16 into my 4g hatch, i made 3 harnesses to wire everything. the dual point to multi point injection, the vtec and other jdm connections, and the crank angle sensor. Now my car won't start, the check engine light is on, and the ecu doesn't blink. I know the ecu is good i tested it. any ideas to what it could be?
Old 05-27-2003, 12:38 AM
brtecson
pukimonster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

check the simple stuff first. are you getting any spark in your spark plugs? fuel pressure to your rail?
Old 05-27-2003, 07:54 AM
crxb16er

is it turning over at all? go right from the beginning, if its not even turning over either ur starter isnt kicking in, ur battery is discharged or something is binding somewhere, if it is turning over but not kicking in by itself, check ur different fuel, electric/spark, and air components, make sure the ecu is installed correctly, pull ur hazard fuse, and start over, see if it starts blinking any codes, if ur check engine light is on it should be showing at least one code unless the install wasnt quite correct
Old 06-04-2003, 09:50 PM
FlipCyd

Checked all of that. Changed the ignition, plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. The engine doesn't even crank, brand new starter and full voltage on the battery. While doing the engine swap I converted my car from an auto to manual. I am currently in the process of swapping out the dash board wire harness with 1 from an Si. Still not cranking or starting. Starting to get desperate any ideas would help.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:07 AM
brtecson
pukimonster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

have you checked the sensor that checks if the clutch is pressed in all of the way when you start it?
Old 06-05-2003, 06:58 AM
crxb16er

hook up an multimeter to the different terminals on ur starter see if ur getting a signal from the ignition switch to the starter terminal, and make sure everything is right with ur battery to starter connection, check the amount of amps coming from the battery, possibly when u were rewiring it something got messed up with the wiring and the starter isn't actuating cuz its not getting grounded thru the ignition switch, this would be my first area of concern, once ur starter is turning go from there, u might want to pull the starter from the tranny block and make sure that the wiring is kicking it. once u know it is and u reinstall it, if it no longer works ur flywheel is binding somehow, either clutch is engaged, engine is seized, stuff like that, but solve that issue first.