Notices

cooling fans dead!?

Old 04-24-2003, 03:58 PM
doIhaveBDIs
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cooling fans dead!?

well its been warm around here lately , not super hot but upper 70s and mid 80s. well i noticed when driving for a while then coming to a stop for over 10 mins or what not my cooling fans do not come on?
what could be the cause of this?
how can i fix it?

thanks guys!
Old 04-24-2003, 06:18 PM
WhiteRice

check your fuses first.....theres one in your fuse box under the hood that controls the fan and there is a relay along side the bay right behind the headlamp, it's attached to the wall of the engine bay.

If thsoe are fine, it might be your thermo switch which is on the back of your engine (beside your oil filter).

My thermo switch went bad and it's such a biatch to get to, I just pulled off the two wires and wired them to a toggle switch which I put up under my dash. so I can turn on/off my fan at will. I usually just keep it running all of the time though. the switch will just complete the circuit. Very easy to do.

If it's not the thermo switch, it could be your fan motor is busted. I believe this can be checked w/a voltage meter, but don't quote me on that.
Old 04-25-2003, 04:09 AM
doIhaveBDIs
Banned

my thermo never overheats (or at least shows it on my thermo in my dash)
Old 04-25-2003, 05:55 AM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

I went to Easy Pickin's on RT40 yesterday and they had a few Civic Sedans you could rape parts from if you wanted.
Old 05-05-2003, 01:03 PM
JLAudioFan
I got the SI fever!

Originally posted by WhiteRice
My thermo switch went bad and it's such a biatch to get to, I just pulled off the two wires and wired them to a toggle switch which I put up under my dash. so I can turn on/off my fan at will. I usually just keep it running all of the time though. the switch will just complete the circuit. Very easy to do.
lol... my 86 hatch is rigged the exact same way... turn the fan on when you start the car, and then you turn it off when you turn off the car works for me, although its a pain... sometimes you forget
Old 05-06-2003, 07:21 AM
WhiteRice

Originally posted by JLAudioFan
lol... my 86 hatch is rigged the exact same way... turn the fan on when you start the car, and then you turn it off when you turn off the car works for me, although its a pain... sometimes you forget
hehehe I just leave mine on all the time.