Notices

88 CRX ideas

Old 04-21-2003, 04:26 PM
NSBTypeS
MMM MMM Bitch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 88 CRX ideas

Sup guys, I am usually in the RSX forum since I do own an RSX, but I kinda got tired of raping my new car up nd down Sears Point. I just got a chance to get an 88 CRX to do whatever I pease with. I think i want a track/strip car, but also I want to take that thing to shows and look good. I already got suspenson in mind:

Ground Control Coils and Koni yellows w/ mugen struts and some kinda sways, need opinions and suggestions.

Engine, no duh JDm B16 w/ internals

Looks 15'' Slips or if I can find some, 14'' gab rims. JDM front, JDM CF hood, nice red or black paint.

Interior is gonna be gutted w/ a sparco and a roll cage

Any other ideas are welcome

:thumbup:
Old 04-21-2003, 04:33 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Just an FYI the '88 models had passive rear suspension (basically different LCAs from the 89-91 models). This means you can't use the same rear shocks as those newer models do. However you can actually use Integra Type-R shocks because those were the same as the '88.
Old 04-21-2003, 06:53 PM
NSBTypeS
MMM MMM Bitch

Damn so If I upgrade suspension, I will need type-r in back huh? might as well do it all around, but will it work with the 1st gen B16. Oh I just saw the car, it is pretty tore up, hood, left fender, bumper and left headlight need to be replaced, so its either a JDM front or a WW kit and a CF hood.

Btw, if I get an SIR hood, will I need to get a whole JDM front, or is the SIR compatible with the OEM front.
I am mostly gonna use this car at the track, so I am probably gonnna tow it, no need for reg. :thumbup:

Damn getting too excited. :naughty: But thx for the help, anything else i need to know that will make my life easier.

Also, what brake upgrade options do i have, cause I am not sure if I am going to go with a full type-r suspension.
Old 04-21-2003, 07:09 PM
AwwsChwA

something else to make your life a lot easier will be to ditch the B16 idea, which happens to be ILLEGAL in the state of california, and get yourself a B18 of some sort. As easy as the B16 may be to find and get running, you really don't want to hassle with the State laws and risk losing your car, losing the engine, or losing your license for driving an illegal vehicle.

Why do you want the JDM front end? You don't need it unless you're putting in something like a B18C (GSR) that sticks up past the fender line in a CRX. Other than that, any non-VTEC B18 or a B16 will sit in the right place. Don't spend money you don't have to, or at least spend money on performance first. Then worry about looks.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:55 PM
NSBTypeS
MMM MMM Bitch

I dont think I will be driving it on the street, more like towing it. I was even thinking of getting the B16B, if that is the code for the CTR, but I thought it would be hard to make it fit into an EF. Lil help with that, please.
Old 04-21-2003, 09:24 PM
NSBTypeS
MMM MMM Bitch

this is most likely gonna be the motor
http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=30001

pretty cheap, only 1200+ ship[, just need to know what to mate it with suspension wise. I was thinking 5 Lug, but i heard it may not work, any suggestions for mating the two. :thumbup:
Old 04-22-2003, 12:22 AM
HYBRID

wtf i got an email notification saying im subscribed in this thread and this is my first post

why is the b16 ILLEGAL in california, because its JDM?

BTW pussy boy we're gonna have fun getting this beyotch running:thumbup:
Old 04-22-2003, 12:53 AM
NSBTypeS
MMM MMM Bitch

okay just to get this out of the way, ur the pussy boy.
And yes it will be fun, especially when we got Steve's shop, al ift and proper tools. :thumbup:
Old 04-22-2003, 04:54 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

since you are going to track it and take the car to shows get a rear disc brake swap...once you do that you will no longer have to get rear itr struts

all you need to do is find a 90-93 teg (any model any year) or 90-91 crx si and rip out the lower control arms and install them (i'd replace the rotor/caliper/pads and brakelines with steel braided units) and you are good to go for track and show
Old 04-22-2003, 02:52 PM
HYBRID

Originally posted by NSBTypeS
okay just to get this out of the way, i AM the pussy boy!!!!
:db: