Notices

OHHP Getting the bug again!

Old 04-20-2003, 10:24 PM
BigPaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OHHP Getting the bug again!

Hey everyone, maybe you guys remember me. I haven't posted in along time.

Getting that import bug again, maybe this time it'll happen.

Got the 4 door love eyes going on.

I've learned quite alot from my last visit, helped a friend swap a B16 in his '90 CRX. Was talking to a few Honda enthusiasts and I just got that feeling again. Something I can't get away from, maybe its a true calling.

I might have also pinned down a possible vehicle, an '89 4 door, 5spd, and if I get it, I got a set of CRX Si wheels ready for it too. It maybe awhile until I truely decide though.

But thanks again for all the help i've gotten from you all in the past, it was a good first start.

See you all around.
Old 04-21-2003, 03:45 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

:wavey: If you need help, you know where to come.
Old 04-21-2003, 10:18 PM
BigPaul

For sure! I'll keep you all updated with what I decide/do.
Old 04-22-2003, 04:49 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Frankly I would hold out only to get a 1988 model b/c they are significantly lighter than the 1989 and newer models. Reason is they don't have the door mounted seatbelts that require lots of extra bracing on the door and they do not have the side impact beams that added some 100lbs to the car. They are on average 150lb lighter than the 89 models.

SCC did an article on a swapped and modd'd 1988 sedan and said it was a real sleeper. It had a longer wheelbase and slightly wider track than the hatch/crx equivalents. This gives it a wider platform making it more stable at all speeds. The scc sedan also had the stocker engine with lots of mods but anything goes in swaps into those cars. good luck
Old 04-22-2003, 09:14 PM
BigPaul

Hey thanks for the advice!

A local shop had a 4dr. with a DOHC Vtec, I think it was a B18, and it was turbo'd. Low 12's it ran.
Old 04-23-2003, 06:04 AM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Originally posted by jaje
Frankly I would hold out only to get a 1988 model b/c they are significantly lighter than the 1989 and newer models. Reason is they don't have the door mounted seatbelts that require lots of extra bracing on the door and they do not have the side impact beams that added some 100lbs to the car. They are on average 150lb lighter than the 89 models.

SCC did an article on a swapped and modd'd 1988 sedan and said it was a real sleeper. It had a longer wheelbase and slightly wider track than the hatch/crx equivalents. This gives it a wider platform making it more stable at all speeds. The scc sedan also had the stocker engine with lots of mods but anything goes in swaps into those cars. good luck
Door mounted seatbelts is only true in '89 for the CRX, for the Civic they still had pillar mounted in '89, and as mine is an '89 I would know. So I figure if he got the '89 Sedan it would have pillar mounted.
Old 04-23-2003, 06:30 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Door mounted belts in the CRX was '90-91.