Notices

Strange Noise!?!?

Old 04-16-2003, 05:32 PM
doIhaveBDIs
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange Noise!?!?

i've been hearing it a lot latley....it's usally when i turn sharply and park on the right side only ( i hear the noise coming from the right side)....

it a noise like metal bending if u ever heard that, to hear it better in ur mind it sounds like my exhaust is dragging, and then bending across the ground... if u can picture that in ur head...

anyways i think its the dust sheild bending on my axle or something when i turn, gonna check it out...but whats you .02?
Old 04-16-2003, 07:44 PM
AwwsChwA

you have dust shields on your axles??

Could it just be brake noise as you come to a stop? Does the noise change depending on how fast you're going? Like...if you swoop in for a real quick park job, is the noise different from when you turn hard and slowly pull out of a parking space? Or is it always the same kind of sound?
Old 04-17-2003, 04:22 AM
Bogatyr

doIhaveBDIs,
Yes, I think you're on the right track, especially if it's a thin tinny sort of sound. The brake disk dust shields are pretty thin and can be bent pretty easily.
Bogatyr
Old 04-17-2003, 05:12 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Is it a gentle grind? How old are your brake pads? The pads on that side might have totally worn off and the metal base of the pad might have started grinding against the rotor.
Old 04-17-2003, 09:12 AM
doIhaveBDIs
Banned

pads and rotors are brand new
Old 04-18-2003, 05:44 AM
crxb16er

check under your rear wheel well on ur back passenger side tire and check and make sure the exhaust hanger is holding the exhaust up by the rear suspension, sounds like the hanger might have came off and its rubbing when ur tire gets turned hard, that is my suggestion, the exhaust wraps around the suspension at only that point