Notices

$8000 what car to get?

Old 04-16-2003, 07:54 AM
xbladr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $8000 what car to get?

I just sold my civic http://members.cardomain.com/xbladr and i was wondering what i should get for 8k i was thinkin crx and do a b16a and then paint kit rims drop it so on so forth or maybe a lude or im not even sure anyone have any good ideas?
Old 04-16-2003, 08:00 AM
crxb16er

its completely up to you what u do with ur own money, if u want to do a crx remember it is an older car, yes you can make it very fast with little money but make ur own decision, check out all ur options, with 8k u can get a crx for 2-3k with a nice paint job already just gotta look for it, spend 3 k for a b16 swap or 2k if ur gonna do it urself and have an extra 2-4k to do whatever u want with it, ie rims tires suspension etc. you can get a great start on a nice car with 8k you can also do a zc swap with a turbo/intercooler setup with that kind of money.
Old 04-16-2003, 09:24 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Would you being doing the labor yourself (i.e. for an engine swap, etc.)...that will make a big difference in what you can do
Old 04-16-2003, 05:46 PM
klowndwarf

browsing through the crxsi.com threads one day at work I came upon a link to a website (i will find it if your interested) where a guy was selling I think a 94 Integra. This car was simply beautiful, and well kept. White interior, red ext. If I had 8k, that car would be mine. somethin about em.....hmmmmm...... Not much to say you'd have to see it. Anyway, like the (wo)man above stated, its fully up to you, but obviously your lookin for some input so.....tis a tough question.... If you already have transportation I'd take that and make a project car, completely engineered with many never-before seen things. don't use is all though. thats too easy. have some fun. you live how many times? have fun. its the best .02 i can give.
Old 04-17-2003, 05:38 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

For 8k, I could build a pretty damn fast Turbo II (FC RX-7).

For that matter, I could build a pretty damn fast CRX too.

If you want to spend 8k on an old car, you can make anything fast. It's up to you to decide what you want, a Honda, a Mazda, a DSM, a Nissan, whatever, you have a LOT of cars you can pick from for $8k. You could B18C swap a CRX and have a good start saving for a turbo kit, or enough to build up the suspension, or get a nice paint job, or whatever.