Notices

integra dash in a crx....

Old 04-16-2003, 03:23 PM
crxb16er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm sure it can be done but, i don't think it can be done fairly easily, i think itd be pretty taxing and hard to do right
Old 04-16-2003, 04:04 PM
schwanginpt
Nadene will Return

Originally posted by crxb16er
i'm sure it can be done but, i don't think it can be done fairly easily, i think itd be pretty taxing and hard to do right
:werd:

im sure it can be done.. just how much time do you have and patience???
Old 04-16-2003, 04:31 PM
Hazard666
Go ahead, touch it.

vw guys swap mk3(last generation) golf dashes into mk2 golfs and same goes for audi tt dashes. Anything can be done, you just need
a)time
b)money
c)hookups
d)all of the above
Old 04-16-2003, 05:36 PM
klowndwarf

schwanginpt:
The interior in my 87 isn't (obviously) lookin to well, what paint would you recommend using when painting? After I get all my body kit parts I have a friend that will exchange work for a paint job (think I'm going dark blue) so I might stick with black interior. not sure yet. But I have no clue what would show up real nice. Shall I sand it or anything? (this is in the wrong thread, I know) thanks!
Old 04-16-2003, 07:42 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

DC Dash can be put in an EF but it's a bitch as no bolts line up or anything. And also door panels will not fit with the DC dash in, every picture you see I bet they have no door panels.
Old 04-17-2003, 04:45 AM
schwanginpt
Nadene will Return

Originally posted by klowndwarf
schwanginpt:
The interior in my 87 isn't (obviously) lookin to well, what paint would you recommend using when painting? After I get all my body kit parts I have a friend that will exchange work for a paint job (think I'm going dark blue) so I might stick with black interior. not sure yet. But I have no clue what would show up real nice. Shall I sand it or anything? (this is in the wrong thread, I know) thanks!
my girlfriend was thinking about taking her 90 DX and putting Si door panels in which are black of course ... her interior is blue right now.. so i found some paints that are actually dyes online that go on like paint but really get into the plastic and won't chip off very easily.. here's what i found:

Viynlkote

this seems pretty good.... it needs to be sprayed on for best results, and you can give them a 1 X 1 swatch and they will match the color for your specific use.. its like 120 bucks for it.. but it says it will do most of an interior, which should be good for a CRX

the other is this:
Interior Spray

this is a spray can of primer and 2 cans of paint... you can't get custom colors.. just basic shades.. its a kit for like 50 bucks.. but you will prolly need 2 kits if you want to do the whole interior.

both methods just want you to have a clean surface.. shouldn't have to do any sanding.

so there you go! good luck let me know what you go with
Old 04-17-2003, 04:59 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

I would imagine it would be best to use a DA9/DB2 (G2 Integra) dash instead of trying to hack a DC (3G) to fit. IMHO, the G2 interior looks better anyway.
Old 04-17-2003, 10:25 PM
ColinT

hey hazard666 you cant compare vw interchangability to honda. vw's you can change ANY part with most other vw with little or no modification. But as for the integra dash it would seem like more work than its worth besides the stock CRX dash is great and oh so nice.
btw latest vw golf was mrk 4 dont forget the potent Rabbit (golf mrk 1)
ColinT
Old 04-18-2003, 03:11 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

But the G2 Integra dash is "oh so nicer"
Old 04-18-2003, 05:43 AM
klowndwarf

schwanginpt: thanks a lot, I like the second suggestion and will probably go with it, after i take care of the engine I'll start on the interior. I wanna try and have it done for the MD DC meet next month. It would be nicer at least

ill let you know and get some pics when i do it